Connect with us

Top Stories

Government sends elites again, Balla labels it “provocation”, the population snubs decision as international pressure mounts: What you need to know this day

Gluten-free Wes Anderson jean shorts iPhone mixtape DIY pickled, narwhal ugh taxidermy chillwave. Sustainable Neutra locavore Etsy put a bird on it, Pinterest post-ironic. Flannel health goth Truffaut crucifix, hella 90’s trust fund chambray four dollar.

Published

on

It has been a calm but busy week end as the people OF SOUTH WEST AND NORTH WEST REGIONS OF Cameroon marks the 2nd week of deadly October protests

After the protests which government says 8 died but rights group put the death toll at 17, the international community has been mounting more pressure on the government to engage in genuine and useful dialogue with the disgruntled population of North West and South West regions.

The government took the first major step towards initiating a dialogue as elites of the two regions have been deployed en mass to go down the fields and dialogue with the people

The decision was made known during the week end as the Director of civil cabinet at the prime minister’s office , Paul Goghomou flaunt the lists after receiving  instruction from the head of state/

Balla labels the decision “provocation”

Legal luminary and former head of the now banned consortium of Anglophones which spear headed the strike actions has labeled government’s decision to send elites for peace talk “provocation” as he called on the state to take more genuine measures to dialogue with the people in the presence of the united nations

On their part, the population has been reacting differently following latest news of the deployment of elites.

For a people whom it will be fair to say have lost confidence in their elites over 11 months ago, many have simply snubbed the news, labeling it another failed attempts and a cosmetic ploy by the state to please the international community adding that nothing will come out of such fruitless decision

While the government heavily hopes and wishes the elites once again can win the trust of their people, engage them in positive dialogue and forward the report to the highest authorities of the land for quick and swift decision making, the international community has been firing from all angles and putting massive pressure to bear on the government

Rights group Amnesty international last week issued another damning verdict, accusing the country’s security forces of arbitrary arrest, bribery and corruption, intimidation and says over 500 people have been arrested in the English speaking regions and jailed in overcrowded prisons during and after the October 1 protests

People are “parked like sardines in overcrowded prisons” their statements reads in part on their website as they gave detail and elaborate reports of serious human rights violations against the governments of Cameroon against it people

 

Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Please Login to comment
  Subscribe  
Notify of

Top Stories

Breaking: The D.O of Mbengwi has been kidnapped

Published

on

AmbaNews24 is reporting that seperatist forces have kidnap the  Divisional Officer (DO) of Mbengwi, Fouda Etaba Benoit Nicaise.

“Nicaise was arrested in Mbengwi, the seat of Momo State and of the Mbengwi local government area or “subdivision” as the occupying Cameroon government describes it. Colonial DO was appointed by Presidential decree number 2017/239 of May 22, 2017 as D.O for Mbengwi” ambanews24 writes

In March 2019, a military convoy transporting Nacaise came under attack by separatist fighters, but the DO was safe and unhurt.

The government is yet to confirm the news and TeboPost cannot independently verify the news.

But if true, it will be a major setback ahead of plan national dialogue scheduled for September 30th as government struggles to find lasting solutions to the Anglophone crisis

Mbengwi is the divisional capital of Momo division North West region. The same division where the DO of Batibo was kidnapped years back and his whereabouts remain unknown till date.

 

Continue Reading

Top Stories

National Dialogue: South West elites hold “regional dialogue” of their own.

Published

on

The authorities of South west region have rallied different stakeholders within the municipality and beyond for pre-dialogue ahead of the national dialogue called by President Biya which is scheduled for end of September.

The pre-dialogue discussion taking place at the chambers of the Buea council Buidling is the first of its kind since the announcement of the grand national dialogue on September 10th 2019.

Chaired by the governor of the South West region alongside other top officials in the region, the dialogue aimed at finding a common ground ahead of much anticipated national dialogue.

Prime minister Dion Ngute who is charged with the coordination of the historic talks has been holding  consultations with different stakeholders in Yaounde ahead of the talks.

In his surprised address to the nation on September  10th 2019, President Paul Biya announced the holding of national dialogue at the end of September which he says is  geared towards resolving the socio-economic crisis in the South West and North West Regions of Cameroon and other national concerns.

Continue Reading

Top Stories

Powerless Batibo council responds to Ambazonian savagery

Published

on

The Batibo Council on its Facebook page this Monday writes Monday September 16, 2019 has condemned the brutal and inhuman murder of a woman in that municipality

“It is with anger filled trauma that I write condemning the burial of a life being in our municipality.
No matter the reasons, I shall never be part of such gruesome acts!
I say again, there is life after the crisis and each of us will give an account of what he/ she has done”. The council writes

The killing which has sparked outrage on social media was allegedly carried by Ambazonian fighters.  The fighter in a viral video said she is a “black leg”.

Batibo council in Momo division of the North-west Region is one the areas greatly hit by the socio political crisis in the Anglophone regions of tbe country.

In 2018 the administrative head of the Subdivision was kidnapped on a day Cameroon celebrated her youths. His whereabout have since remained unknown.

Many inhabitants of the Sub Division since the escalation of the crisis have since been seeking for refuge in other towns and cities. They are fleeing from atrocities committed as the conflict in Cameroons North West and South West regions continues to escalate.

Continue Reading
Last update on:
Global Total
Cases

Deaths

Recovered

Active

Advertisement

Recent Posts

Trending

Copyright © 2016 TeboPost Media.Powered by Mbah Lucas Tebo.