The Presbyterian Church in Cameroon, PCC has been decrying the falling number of their students as the educational sector continues to suffer due to the ongoing crisis
In an interview on one of the most listened program on radio, CRTV’s Cameroon calling, the head of the Presbyterian Church Rev Fonki Samuel says the church has lost millions due to falling enrollment
While he stressed the need that the church does not make profit from schools, he however said that even the schools which used to break even can no longer sustain themselves reasons why sallies of teachers were slashed and some sacked
The Man of God also blamed government for reducing subvention drastically in 2012 as one of the reasons making them to suffer today
But what the PCC quickly failed to remember that it was the stance they took during the initial days of the crisis.
The PCC like their counterparts, the Roman Catholic Church did not fail to side with the disgruntled Anglophone population, send their students and pupils under their care back home and shut down their doors, calling for the government to negotiate with the people and rightly so and what followed was a barrage of legal actions in courts by parents of students claiming damages
The church which said then was fulfilling its mission off standing with the oppressed came under fire from the government to resume schools and keep children out of politics as the crisis marched on.
But as the crisis worsens and schools gradually picking up steam, the PCC moderator who famously cried in front of his Christians after a day spend in courts is making his voice once again heard, clamoring for schools to effectively pickup even when none of their initial request made to the government during their “shutdown” has been met by the government
National Dialogue: The world applauds, SDF and Kah Wallah table “must-do-list”
As Yaoundé receives applause and standing ovation from diplomatic circles at home and abroad following the much-awaited dialogue announced for the end of September by President Biya, the country’s prime minister charged with ensuring the success of the dialogue has begun holding consultations with stakeholders and political leaders to set the stage for the historic rendez-vous
While the UN, the commonwealth, La Francophonie and AU have all embraced the move many now consider a diplomatic win for the 86 years old, the country’s chief opposition party, the SDF is saying not too fast
In a late nights press release issued barely hours after their meeting with Premier Dion Ngute on September 12th 2019 at the star building, the opposition party outlined six major demands for a successful dialogue.
According to the press release signed by the party’s first Vice President MP. Joshua Osih, the planned dialogue must be chaired by a neutral person, involves a third party including the US, UK and Germany, exclude the countries army and be ready to discuss the form of the state amongst other demands
The two page press release comes barely hours after another striking communique issued by opposition leader and activists Edith Kah Wallah
The former SDF scribe in a communique of her own had cautioned the government earlier to be open and ready to discuss the form of the state in a declaration which mirrors that of her former party.
North West boils, South West observes as lockdown rubbishes back to school campaign
Though a “Ghost Town Day”, a form of civil disobedience, the major towns in Southern Cameroons vibrated to the rhythms of gunshots. School resumption throughout the national territory was a success except for the two restive regions. While some areas recorded dozens, like Nkambe, others barely had all teachers complete, talk less of the pupils and students.
The chief town of the North West region was at the center of attacks and barricades mounted early Monday, September 2, 2019. As a measure to prevent children from going to school, fighters had declared lockdown beginning this Monday.
At Travelers, a pro-independence stronghold from day one of the current conflict, barricades were mounted to stop circulation.
Meta quarters, Azire New Church, Travelers, Old Town, Commercial Avenue, Bambili, Bambui, T-Junction, Foncha Street and other major joints were deserted as gunshots took over the town.
An Ambulance belonging to the St. Blaise Catholic Hospital of the Bamenda Archdioceses was attacked but the driver succeeded to escape. Bullet marks could still be seen on the left side of the vehicle.
Ayaba Hotel and others shut down completely.
Few students were seen at Government Bilingual High School Bamendakwe, located at Up station.
Hosting one of the biggest military bases, Nkambe, the chief town of Donga Mantung Division, was decorated with colors of various school uniforms. Schools were effective in Nkambe central town as combat-ready soldiers were seen parading streets. Some were even spotted on Assembly ground.
Since the conflict started, the strategic military position of Nkambe has been a thorn in the flesh of separatist fighters.
Nature prevented dozens from resuming classes on Monday, September 2, 2019, after downpour left many stranded. Limbe town has witnessed little or no attacks from the fighters except Mile 4, the outskirts of Limbe which have frequently been visited by the armed separatist fighters.
Equinoxe Television reported that the town was deserted but some few teachers managed to come to school at GBHS Station where 6 answered present, with only 17 students. Gs and GBHS Mambanda, according to Equinoxe, has few pupils and students. Other areas were empty.
The SDO for Meme division made a tour around schools in his jurisdiction and vowed that he will crush Ambazonia fighters. He placed his head as a bet, that the fighters will only kill him first before stopping school resumption.
Kumbo in Bui division was transformed into a battleground as locals remained indoors. Separatist fighters measure war equipment with the regular army. A military helicopter was later seen flying over Kumbo to an unknown destination.
The respect of Monday ‘s call for non-resumption by Separatist fighters was not well diluted by the Buea Mayor, Patrick Ekema Esunge who rallied Council Police to destroy business places in Mile 17 Buea. Call Boxes were overturned, shops sealed while windows were shattered. But lockdown was largely respected in the town
Regular army in Mutengene has been moving to sensitize the population on the importance of sending their children to school. Sources have hinted CNA that the military will move down to Mutenge and other areas in civilian attires to force children to school.
Ambazonia fighters blocked the road leading to Batibo, firing shots in the air as a warning, reminding locals of no school resumption. A source tells CNA, “There is 100% no resumption of schools both at primary and secondary school here, streets remain blocked. Only community schools have begun since Monday 26/08/19.”
Back to school campaign gains momentum but…
Back to school campaign publicized by the government has gained momentum in recent days as pupils and students across the national triangle prepare for 2019/2020 school year
In a strange campaign where government ministers and senior state functionaries have taken center stage to make it a pivot of their political ambitions, many are still skeptical if school will effectively resume in North West and South West regions of the country.
The conflict riddled regions have seen historic school boycott in post independence history as separatists insist on ending the war before kids can go to school despite calls from activists.
pressure from home and abroad for government to dialogue with the leaders of the now armed Ambazonia leadership has failed to resonate across Yaounde as government insist on solving the crisis on the battle field.
The hopes which were raised sky-high by newly appointed premier Dion Ngute during his first official trip to the regions were quickly dashed as cracks emerge within his own government with some ministers challenging his strategy, roadmap and tactics, saying the government cannot discuss the “form of the state” despite the premier’s insistence that Biya was Willing to dialogue on any topic excerpt secession.
The life sentencing of Sessikou Ayuk and 10 others on the dawn of back to school has caused further chaos , provoking hardliners who now say no school until the war is over and government comes to a dialogue table.
They have rolled out a series of lockdown calendar to frustrate back to school efforts are warned all media houses from spreading back to school campaign in a new twists of events
For a government which insist it won’t put itself a-par with separatists by engaging in much talked about dialogue, the back to school future could never have been darker I’m the three years conflict which has killed thousands, displaced hundreds of thousands and leaves entire villages deserted
Many accuse politicians of stage managing back to school campaigns for political reasons, insist they send their children to school in the crisis hit regions and task them to move around without heavily armed guards if they say the environment is conducive.
As the clock winds down, the state and separatists are preaching safely and threats at the same breath, with viral but opposing social media back to school campaign on the other move as the people on ground zero continue to whatch their kids stay home for the third year in a row
Politics indeed has failed them from both sides of the divide
- Breaking: The D.O of Mbengwi has been kidnapped September 18, 2019
- “I did not receive a dime from Samuel Eto’o” Arafat’s Mother September 18, 2019
- National Dialogue: South West elites hold “regional dialogue” of their own. September 18, 2019
- National Dialogue: Biya puts Dion Ngute at the crossroads of Cameroon’s history September 18, 2019
- Cameroon footballer star makes headline for his performance in bed in a leaked sex video September 17, 2019
- 13 best headline & blog title generator tools to easily boost your SEO September 12, 2019Ready to increase traffic to your website today? Use these headline generator tools and improve your click-through-rates! The post 13 best headline & blog title generator tools to easily boost your SEO appeared first on Meks.Ivana Cirkovic
- How to create a Facebook Page for your blog (plus PRO tips) September 4, 2019Wondering how to create a Facebook Page for your blog knowing that you really do need one? Follow our in depth guide and learn how to create and manage attractive and successful Facebook Page! The post How to create a Facebook Page for your blog (plus PRO tips) appeared first on Meks.Ivana Cirkovic
- Beginners guide on how to redirect a page in WordPress August 29, 2019Whether you’re trying to redirect a page in WordPress or just want to discover and understand why it’s important, use this guide to help you get ahead of it and learn all there is to it. The post Beginners guide on how to redirect a page in WordPress appeared first on Meks.Ivana Cirkovic
- The best Facebook Groups for SEO to improve your knowledge and rankings August 21, 2019Are you tired of searching for the best Facebook groups for SEO to improve your knowledge and learn about the tricks from the trade? The post The best Facebook Groups for SEO to improve your knowledge and rankings appeared first on Meks.Ivana Cirkovic
- Useful rank tracking plugin and tools recommendation to improve your WordPress website SEO August 15, 2019Are you looking for a reliable rank tracking plugin to track your rankings on search engines and improve SEO strategy? Here is our top recommendation! The post Useful rank tracking plugin and tools recommendation to improve your WordPress website SEO appeared first on Meks.Ivana Cirkovic
- 6 reasons why you should never use WordPress nulled themes August 7, 2019What are WordPress nulled themes and should you use them, are they really that bad as people say or it’s just to scare you away from using the good stuff for free? In this article, we’re explaining in details why you should never ever use these kinds of themes. The post 6 reasons why you […]Ivana Cirkovic
Top Stories4 days ago
Powerless Batibo council responds to Ambazonian savagery
Top Stories4 days ago
Biya sets tone of national dialogue in one tweet
Top Stories2 days ago
National Dialogue: South West elites hold “regional dialogue” of their own.
Top Stories2 days ago
Breaking: The D.O of Mbengwi has been kidnapped
Entertainment2 days ago
“I did not receive a dime from Samuel Eto’o” Arafat’s Mother
Editorial3 days ago
National Dialogue: Biya puts Dion Ngute at the crossroads of Cameroon’s history
Sports3 days ago
Cameroon footballer star makes headline for his performance in bed in a leaked sex video
Business3 days ago
TeboPost Media partners with logomeniac for 6 day digital marketing masterclass in three cities..