says giving away nearly $1 million during his recent music video shoot was one of the best things he’s ever done … and now he’s contemplating how to beat that.
We pulled up on Drizzy Tuesday night leaving The Nice Guy — not to cuddle, but to ask him how he felt donating $996,631.90 to various families and orgs in his video for “God’s Plan.”
He tells us it’s by far the greatest thing he’s done for others — probably in his whole life, in fact. Now the million-dollar question … how the hell do you top something like that?
Drake’s got an idea on how to keep the good deeds going. And by the looks of his new $2.5 million LaFerrari that he rolled away in … we’ll go out on a limb and say he can afford it.
Got to love the Drake … but only partly.
Radio Animation wonder Njeck Sylvanus bags home another major award
CRTV’s Njeck Sylvanus and radio sensation Njeck Sylvanus has won the another major awards four years after winning the Guradian Post Media person of the year in Limbe
The impact audio Media personality of the year award was handed to the microphone Guru and unarguably Anglophone finest MC in Yaounde Yesterday January 18th 2020.
The award seeks to recognize his works and achievements during the years in the media workspace.
Writing in his Facebook page, the journalist cum CEO of CIPMA (Cameroon International Premier Marketing Company) says he gives all glory to God while thanking all his fans who voted for him.
“I must confess to God be the glory . It’s a humble pleasure to win the Impact audio media personality of the year Saturday 18/01/2020 in Yaounde- Cameroon organised by GAICAM (Go Africa Initiative).Thank you all for your support.” he posted.
Njeck Sylvanus is journalists with CRTV. The father of three is considered by many as one of the best radio animators the country has ever seen. He is credited to have redefine radio animation and rollout a blueprint for young animators and journalists to emulate.
One of his fans by name Joel reacting to the award told TeboPost “I usually go to work late simply because I don’t want to miss any part of his show, it’s such an amazing program”
His mastery of the microphone and rare animation skills have earned him the nickname “sweet Njeck” as his breakfast show remains one of the most listened in the country. Many describe him as Cameroon’s finest MC.
Must Watch: Heir apparents of CFI redefine ‘stripping’ profession in a blockbuster movie
It’s a concept movie makers and lovers have describe as ground breaking and pregnant with message for Cameroonian youths as rising stars Vanesa T and Yvonne Nelson team up to warm our screens with a potential movie of the year.
Titled ‘stripping’, the Raindrop production dehumanizes the stripping profession especially in our African society and makes the case for a successful stripper who still remains descent
Shot in Buea, Douala, Limbe and Tiko, movie stripping features some of the renowned names in the country’s rising movie industry as well as introducing the heir apparents to the Cameroon movie industry
In a story filled with intrigue, suspense and lessons galore, the movie “stripping” is a story of a young 23 year old girl named Vanessa whose mother died and left her with her aunt named Mrs. Elena Salvador.
Mrs. Elena got married to a rich, drug trafficker called Mr. Gilbert and they had a son named Jason. Vanessa went through a lot of challenges in that house because both Mr. Gilbert and Jason will always rape Vanessa to the point of getting her pregnant. She didn’t know who fathered her baby so she went for abortion but it didn’t stop them from committing the act of rape on her….
It is a story that will make you cry and yet want to have more. Premier of the movie is scheduled for March 27th March 2020 at Buea Mountain hotel
For Ticket and reservations contact: 6 82 85 15 39 / 671 10 61 01
Naija’s AY shares “Broken” poster…and then kamer industry goes up in flames
It was one share which probably was too much. Popular Nigerian comedian and entrepreneur fondly called AY took to his Instagram page and Facebook to share a posters of himself as host of the Cameroonian movie premier of the blockbuster movie titled “Broken” today November 8th 2019 and the entire kamer showbiz industry lights up in flames
AY’s choice as one of the hosts for the premier was already being questioned at home as fans wanted to know why a local wasn’t chosen for the star studded movie produced by Syndy Emade.
AY further fueled the criticism ignorantly when he failed to share the poster of the premier on any of his social media handles which was closely being watched by Cameroonians and critics of the movie.
The Nigerian comedy kingpin had focused his marketing to woe his close to 4 million Facebook fans and over 7 million followers on Instagram to his much publicized movie “Merry Men” scheduled for release in December 2019.
Critics roasted the team behind the Cameroonian movie project “Broken” and says AY was only interested in money as Host rather than selling the movie to be premiered on November 22nd 2019 as should customary be the case within the entertainment circle.
Syndy and her supppoeters were on the defensive.
When the Nigerian-based super star and father of one finally decided to feed his huge online followers with a poster of himself titled “Come join me for the premiere of the movie BROKEN this 22nd at Douala Bercy in Cameroon 🇨🇲 Let’s experience history…” team Broken went into a state of ecstasy .
Images and screenshots of the posts went viral on social media and it was major talking point within the entertainment industry social media groups.
Supporters of what is now known as Team Syndy took to social media to rubbish their critics, saying they should be hiding in shame as AY has finally shared the poster of himself.
One social media user writes on Facebook “… those who say he has paid to host and not to advertise the movie , I hope you have realize your stupidity” as the unnecessary social media inferno rages on.
Many are however wondering why the beef, celebrations and condemnation surrounding the post by AY, regretting the divisive spirit in the industry.
The movie Broken has been at the center of multiple controversies ever since its premier date was announced weeks ago.
The choice of date has been controversial too with some accusing the team of choosing same date with a popular concert in DOUALA to rival its organizers
Broken team hover insists they had chosen the date first and remains unapologetic about it
- Cameroon, a young entrepreneur creates sensation by making face shields to help school resumption June 3, 2020
- Editorial: America is burning, smoke of racial inferno is choking the world with lessons June 1, 2020
- CUIB, Invincible no more: Bishop Bibi shakes Buea diocese, scratches CUIB as sweeping dismissal looms May 30, 2020
- Calibro Calibri, famed activist, arrested in France for attempting suicide infront of National Assembly May 29, 2020
- PM snubs teachers’ demands, insist schools will resume on June 1st 2020 May 29, 2020
- Malaria drug touted by Trump ineffective to prevent COVID-19 in high profile study June 3, 2020The malaria drug promoted by U.S. President Donald Trump as a treatment for COVID-19 was shown to be ineffective in preventing infection in people exposed to the coronavirus, according to a widely anticipated clinical trial released on Wednesday.
- Minnesota to toughen murder charge in George Floyd case, charge three other officers, Klobuchar says June 3, 2020Minnesota's attorney general will increase the murder charge against a fired Minneapolis police officer in the death of an unarmed black man that has triggered nationwide protests and will level charges against three other sacked officers, U.S. Senator Amy Klobuchar said on Wednesday.
- Exclusive: U.S. to designate additional Chinese media outlets as foreign embassies June 3, 2020The United States is expected to designate at least two additional Chinese media outlets as foreign embassies as soon as Thursday, increasing restrictions on their operations, two sources familiar with the matter said on Wednesday.
- Republicans blast FBI Russia probe as Rosenstein defends Mueller June 3, 2020Republican allies of President Donald Trump attacked the FBI's probe of his 2016 presidential campaign on Wednesday, but failed to get a key witness to agree that former U.S. Special Counsel Robert Mueller's Russia investigation was unfounded.
- Factbox: What U.S. police are shooting at protesters June 3, 2020Police across the United States are using a variety of weapons on protesters as demonstrations against the police killing of George Floyd intensify. Often described as “non-lethal,” these weapons include tear gas, pepper spray and rubber bullets. They have sometimes seriously injured protesters.
- Trump administration to bar Chinese passenger carriers from flying to U.S. June 3, 2020President Donald Trump's administration on Wednesday barred Chinese passenger carriers from flying to the United States starting on June 16 as it pressures Beijing to let U.S. air carriers resume flights amid simmering tensions between the world's two largest economies.
Editorial5 days ago
CUIB, Invincible no more: Bishop Bibi shakes Buea diocese, scratches CUIB as sweeping dismissal looms
Cameroon6 days ago
War, disease and poverty: Worst time to be an Anglophone Cameroonian?
Cameroon6 days ago
Opinion: The rate of jobless master’s degree holders in Cameroon is concerning
Cameroon6 days ago
COVID-19: Minister tasks councils to disinfect schools ahead of school reopening
Global3 days ago
Editorial: America is burning, smoke of racial inferno is choking the world with lessons
Politics5 days ago
Calibro Calibri, famed activist, arrested in France for attempting suicide infront of National Assembly
Business1 day ago
Cameroon, a young entrepreneur creates sensation by making face shields to help school resumption
Cameroon6 days ago
PM snubs teachers’ demands, insist schools will resume on June 1st 2020