Connect with us

Sports

Good Ol’ ‘Messi’s Shadow’? Neymar Reportedly Mulls Returning to Barca From PSG

Published

on

Paris Saint-Germain’s Brazilian forward Neymar misses his ex-Barcelona teammates and has offered himself to his former club, the Spanish sports newspaper Mundo Deportivo has reported.

According to the newspaper, Neymar got in touch with the Catalan club’s managers informing them of his interest in a possible return.

Mundo Deportivo reported that Neymar had told his former club that he made a mistake in leaving Barca, trying to step out of Lionel Messi’s shadow was wrong to want independence from Lionel Messi and was disappointed by the standard of the opposition in the French championship.

Moreover, he got in touch with his former club just before PSG were knocked out of the Champions league by Real Madrid.Neymar’s transfer back to Nou Camp is not expected before the summer of 2019.

According to Mundo Deportivo, many in Barcelona think that Neymar is simply looking for an alibi ahead of a planned transfer to Real Madrid.

In late January, media reports said that Neymar would join Real if he helped PSG win the 2017/2018 Champions League.

Before that, Real Madrid’s President Florentino Peres said he wanted to buy Neymar and was ready to bring Cristiano Ronaldo into the possible deal.

Neymar joined Barcelona in 2013 before PSG bought him in 2017 for a record 222 million euros.

The Brazilian has played 30 games with the Paris club scoring 28 goals in various tournaments.  However, he failed to adapt to life in Paris and was unsettled in the club.

In late February Neymar suffered a broken metatarsal and is  currently recovering from an operation in Brazil.

Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Please Login to comment
  Subscribe  
Notify of

Sports

Andre Onana and Ajax finally reach agreement for the youngster to leave the club

Published

on

CHELSEA have been given a transfer boost with the news that Ajax goalkeeper Andre Onana has “an agreement” to leave the club.

But the Blues will still have to match the Dutch club’s valuation for the stopper, believed to be at least £25million.
And of course there are other clubs interested in the Cameroonian keeper, most notably Spanish giants Barcelona.

Tottenham and Paris Saint-Germain could also show their hands in the summer.

The player recently signalled his intention to move on when he told Algemeen Dagblad: “Don’t get me wrong, I am very happy with Ajax and I am very grateful to the club.

“It was five great years here, but now my time has come to take a step.

“I don’t yet know what will happen, but my ambitions and agreements are clear.”

And now Ajax head coach Erik ten Hag seems to have accepted he will lose the top talent and confirmed there IS an agreement in place.

He told Algemeen Dagblad: “Andre is very important to us and of course we don’t want to lose him.

“But it’s true that we have an agreement from last year about the development scenario and what steps we will take if the right club comes in at the right price.”

Chelsea boss Frank Lampard’s desire for a goalkeeper is clear, having dropped £71m flop Kepa Arrizabalaga earlier this season in favour of 38-year-old regular bench-dweller Willy Caballero.

Onana, one of the best shot stoppers in the world at the moment has reportedly snubbed offers from Spurs and League one giant PSG.

Continue Reading

Human Interest

CAF postpones CHAN to an unknown date due to Coronavirus

Published

on

The confederationof African football CAF ya today March 17 2020 postponed the 2020 edition of the CHAN which was scheduled to take place in Cameroon

The decision comes after two teams pull out of the tournaments over increasing fear of the coronavirus

In a letter addressed to secretaries of the different national federations, the continent’s football managing body says the decision was taken due to the unpredictability of the spread of the virus and numerous travel restrictions across the continent.

They letter states that, even though the situation in Cameroon is under control, CAF cannot take “unnecessary risk” hence the need to postpones the tournament

The football body will announce a future date for the event, letter reads in part.

As European nations shutdown their leagues and sporting tournament due to the virus , CAF was under increasing pressure to do same and avoid risking the population and players as the virus creeps to Africa.

The deadly coronavirus has affected about 180000 persons, killing over 7000 and about 50 000 have recovered according to WHO reports.

Cameroon has recorded 10 cases as at today and two of them have been treated.

Continue Reading

Sports

Impartial Buea? Population ignore calls for lockdown,boycott Mountain race

Published

on

The population of Buea have been carrying on their normal activities today Saturday February 22nd 2020.

Streets are busy this morning early as shops are open, roads bussy and people going their business as usual despite calls for one day lockdown by Ambazoniana activists to frustrate the Mount Cameroon race of hope.

But despite the clear snub from the population, they have also refused to tAke part in the race, denying the annual event the much needed pomp and celebrations it once enjoyed before the crisis.

This 25th edition of the race is Dubbed the race of peace and the Mount Cameroon race of hope will  bring together national and international athletes who compete to challenge the chariots of the gods and conquer the highest mountain in West and Central Africa.

Continue Reading
Last update on:
Global Total
Cases

Deaths

Recovered

Active

Advertisement

Recent Posts

Trending

Copyright © 2016 TeboPost Media.Powered by Mbah Lucas Tebo.