A few days ago, Snapchat allowed an ad on its platform that plenty of folks thought made light of domestic violence. The ad was apparently for a game and it asked if viewers would rather “Slap Rihanna” or “Punch Chris Brown,” likely referencing Brown’s 2009 felony assault on the pop star. Snap then apologized for letting the ad through, telling the BBC that the ad had been published in error and had been removed immediately. Now Rihanna has seen the ad and responded on her Instagram Story, and Snap came back with another apology.
When Snap pulled the ad, it said, “The advert was reviewed and approved in error, as it violates our advertising guidelines. We immediately removed the ad last weekend, once we became aware.” It also added, “We are sorry that this happened.” The content apparently violated Snap’s advertising policy, which bans content that Snap deems “shocking, sensational, or disrespectful.”
Rihanna’s response says that Snapchat isn’t her favorite app out there, and that the company “spent money to animate something that would intentionally bring shame to [domestic violence] victims and made a joke of it!!” While the ad didn’t originate with Snap, the company did allow it on its platform. “Shame on you,” said Rihanna. “Throw the whole app-oligy away.”
Snap responded yet again today, according to CNN. “This advertisement is disgusting and never should have appeared on our service,” said a company spokesperson. “We are so sorry we made the terrible mistake of allowing it through our review process. We are investigating how that happened so that we can make sure it never happens again.”
Is it just me, or is this ad that popped up on my Snapchat extremely tone deaf? Like what were they thinking with this? pic.twitter.com/7kP9RHcgNG
— Royce Mann (@TheRoyceMann) March 12, 2018
The App giant is said to have lost 4% shares in narket value amounting to 800 million USD and the incident comes weeks after the company’s stock took a tumble following reality star Kylie Jenner tweeting she no longer uses the app.
Radio Animation wonder Njeck Sylvanus bags home another major award
CRTV’s Njeck Sylvanus and radio sensation Njeck Sylvanus has won the another major awards four years after winning the Guradian Post Media person of the year in Limbe
The impact audio Media personality of the year award was handed to the microphone Guru and unarguably Anglophone finest MC in Yaounde Yesterday January 18th 2020.
The award seeks to recognize his works and achievements during the years in the media workspace.
Writing in his Facebook page, the journalist cum CEO of CIPMA (Cameroon International Premier Marketing Company) says he gives all glory to God while thanking all his fans who voted for him.
“I must confess to God be the glory . It’s a humble pleasure to win the Impact audio media personality of the year Saturday 18/01/2020 in Yaounde- Cameroon organised by GAICAM (Go Africa Initiative).Thank you all for your support.” he posted.
Njeck Sylvanus is journalists with CRTV. The father of three is considered by many as one of the best radio animators the country has ever seen. He is credited to have redefine radio animation and rollout a blueprint for young animators and journalists to emulate.
One of his fans by name Joel reacting to the award told TeboPost “I usually go to work late simply because I don’t want to miss any part of his show, it’s such an amazing program”
His mastery of the microphone and rare animation skills have earned him the nickname “sweet Njeck” as his breakfast show remains one of the most listened in the country. Many describe him as Cameroon’s finest MC.
Must Watch: Heir apparents of CFI redefine ‘stripping’ profession in a blockbuster movie
It’s a concept movie makers and lovers have describe as ground breaking and pregnant with message for Cameroonian youths as rising stars Vanesa T and Yvonne Nelson team up to warm our screens with a potential movie of the year.
Titled ‘stripping’, the Raindrop production dehumanizes the stripping profession especially in our African society and makes the case for a successful stripper who still remains descent
Shot in Buea, Douala, Limbe and Tiko, movie stripping features some of the renowned names in the country’s rising movie industry as well as introducing the heir apparents to the Cameroon movie industry
In a story filled with intrigue, suspense and lessons galore, the movie “stripping” is a story of a young 23 year old girl named Vanessa whose mother died and left her with her aunt named Mrs. Elena Salvador.
Mrs. Elena got married to a rich, drug trafficker called Mr. Gilbert and they had a son named Jason. Vanessa went through a lot of challenges in that house because both Mr. Gilbert and Jason will always rape Vanessa to the point of getting her pregnant. She didn’t know who fathered her baby so she went for abortion but it didn’t stop them from committing the act of rape on her….
It is a story that will make you cry and yet want to have more. Premier of the movie is scheduled for March 27th March 2020 at Buea Mountain hotel
For Ticket and reservations contact: 6 82 85 15 39 / 671 10 61 01
Naija’s AY shares “Broken” poster…and then kamer industry goes up in flames
It was one share which probably was too much. Popular Nigerian comedian and entrepreneur fondly called AY took to his Instagram page and Facebook to share a posters of himself as host of the Cameroonian movie premier of the blockbuster movie titled “Broken” today November 8th 2019 and the entire kamer showbiz industry lights up in flames
AY’s choice as one of the hosts for the premier was already being questioned at home as fans wanted to know why a local wasn’t chosen for the star studded movie produced by Syndy Emade.
AY further fueled the criticism ignorantly when he failed to share the poster of the premier on any of his social media handles which was closely being watched by Cameroonians and critics of the movie.
The Nigerian comedy kingpin had focused his marketing to woe his close to 4 million Facebook fans and over 7 million followers on Instagram to his much publicized movie “Merry Men” scheduled for release in December 2019.
Critics roasted the team behind the Cameroonian movie project “Broken” and says AY was only interested in money as Host rather than selling the movie to be premiered on November 22nd 2019 as should customary be the case within the entertainment circle.
Syndy and her supppoeters were on the defensive.
When the Nigerian-based super star and father of one finally decided to feed his huge online followers with a poster of himself titled “Come join me for the premiere of the movie BROKEN this 22nd at Douala Bercy in Cameroon 🇨🇲 Let’s experience history…” team Broken went into a state of ecstasy .
Images and screenshots of the posts went viral on social media and it was major talking point within the entertainment industry social media groups.
Supporters of what is now known as Team Syndy took to social media to rubbish their critics, saying they should be hiding in shame as AY has finally shared the poster of himself.
One social media user writes on Facebook “… those who say he has paid to host and not to advertise the movie , I hope you have realize your stupidity” as the unnecessary social media inferno rages on.
Many are however wondering why the beef, celebrations and condemnation surrounding the post by AY, regretting the divisive spirit in the industry.
The movie Broken has been at the center of multiple controversies ever since its premier date was announced weeks ago.
The choice of date has been controversial too with some accusing the team of choosing same date with a popular concert in DOUALA to rival its organizers
Broken team hover insists they had chosen the date first and remains unapologetic about it
- South Sudanese President appoints five Vice Presidents February 22, 2020
- Nera10 cracks: Julius Tabe and 8 others vomit Tassang from prison February 22, 2020
- “I will call Biya about killings in Cameroon” Macron assures angry activist February 22, 2020
- Impartial Buea? Population ignore calls for lockdown,boycott Mountain race February 22, 2020
- A must Read: A Journey To Fiango by John Agbor February 20, 2020
- Sanders scores decisive win in Nevada, Biden headed for second-place finish February 23, 2020Bernie Sanders strengthened his front-runner position for the Democratic presidential nomination with a decisive victory in the Nevada caucuses on Saturday, while Joe Biden was on track for a second-place finish that would give his struggling campaign new hope.
- Sanders' big Nevada win narrows rivals' path to Democratic nomination February 23, 2020Bernie Sanders' convincing win in the Nevada caucuses signaled his campaign is gathering strength and reaching voters who had previously eluded him, putting him on a path – for now – toward the Democratic presidential nomination.
- Australia's bushfire-stricken state pays tribute to 25 victims February 23, 2020Families, firefighters and politicians gathered in a solemn public ceremony in Sydney on Sunday to honor the 25 people killed in recent bushfires that tore through the country's most populous state.
- China reports fewer coronavirus cases outside epicenter, cases surge in South Korea February 23, 2020China reported another fall in the new coronavirus infections outside of its epicenter on Sunday, but world health officials warned it was too early to make predictions about the outbreak as new infections and fears of contagion increased elsewhere.
- Japan minister apologizes after woman who leaves ship tests positive for virus February 23, 2020Japan's health minister apologized on Saturday after a woman who was allowed to leave a coronavirus-infected cruise ship docked near Tokyo tested positive for the virus.
- Slow results, confusion and complaints at Nevada caucus sites February 23, 2020Nevada caucus officials and voters at multiple sites on Saturday reported voting rules confusion, calculation glitches and delays in reporting tallies - despite efforts to avoid the issues that plagued Iowa's caucuses earlier this month.
Cameroon4 days ago
Ngarbuh attack: Yaounde is restless as separatists ‘weaponize’ the killings
Cameroon4 days ago
“The violence must stop“: US embassy demands accountability for Ngarbuh attack
Cameroon6 days ago
Ngarbuh “massacre”: Government gives its own version
Cameroon6 days ago
Ngambuh killings: 16 world bishops pen Roman Catholic Biya
Cameroon19 hours ago
Nera10 cracks: Julius Tabe and 8 others vomit Tassang from prison
Sports23 hours ago
Impartial Buea? Population ignore calls for lockdown,boycott Mountain race
Cameroon3 days ago
A must Read: A Journey To Fiango by John Agbor
World News20 hours ago
“I will call Biya about killings in Cameroon” Macron assures angry activist