It was a very long night in Buea, capital of South West region of Cameroon. As late as 11:30pm, Sunday May 6 2018, sporadic gunshots resonating from here and there, kept the Buea denizens awake and traumatized.
Denizens of the town of legendary hospitability hoped and prayed for dawn as multiple gunshots had rattled many parts of the town as many feared from the worst in an increasingly volatile region
It is reported that security forces had open fire in the air and at major junctions in Buea, forcing recalcitrant denizens top go home in a mid-night curfew which is now becoming a normal routine.
The gunshots that sounded as though they were shot at close range, caused pandemonium around the major roads, with chauffeurs, like pedestrians, ran helter-skelter to seek refuge.
Why the panick
An anonymous audio message had gone viral on social media, purporting an imminent attack on Buea. The messenger urged Buea denizens to take cover and runaway from any battle between the Ambazonian Defence Forces government
A source who talked to BaretaNews, said the audio is not genuine. According to him, when the Ambazonian army would want to attack, no announcement would be made According to bareta.news
This is the first tie the population are witnessing such a heavy gunfire as other towns in the region gradually plunges in what many now say is a civil war in the restive Anglophone regions of the country.
Breaking: The D.O of Mbengwi has been kidnapped
AmbaNews24 is reporting that seperatist forces have kidnap the Divisional Officer (DO) of Mbengwi, Fouda Etaba Benoit Nicaise.
“Nicaise was arrested in Mbengwi, the seat of Momo State and of the Mbengwi local government area or “subdivision” as the occupying Cameroon government describes it. Colonial DO was appointed by Presidential decree number 2017/239 of May 22, 2017 as D.O for Mbengwi” ambanews24 writes
In March 2019, a military convoy transporting Nacaise came under attack by separatist fighters, but the DO was safe and unhurt.
The government is yet to confirm the news and TeboPost cannot independently verify the news.
But if true, it will be a major setback ahead of plan national dialogue scheduled for September 30th as government struggles to find lasting solutions to the Anglophone crisis
Mbengwi is the divisional capital of Momo division North West region. The same division where the DO of Batibo was kidnapped years back and his whereabouts remain unknown till date.
National Dialogue: South West elites hold “regional dialogue” of their own.
The authorities of South west region have rallied different stakeholders within the municipality and beyond for pre-dialogue ahead of the national dialogue called by President Biya which is scheduled for end of September.
The pre-dialogue discussion taking place at the chambers of the Buea council Buidling is the first of its kind since the announcement of the grand national dialogue on September 10th 2019.
Chaired by the governor of the South West region alongside other top officials in the region, the dialogue aimed at finding a common ground ahead of much anticipated national dialogue.
Prime minister Dion Ngute who is charged with the coordination of the historic talks has been holding consultations with different stakeholders in Yaounde ahead of the talks.
In his surprised address to the nation on September 10th 2019, President Paul Biya announced the holding of national dialogue at the end of September which he says is geared towards resolving the socio-economic crisis in the South West and North West Regions of Cameroon and other national concerns.
Powerless Batibo council responds to Ambazonian savagery
The Batibo Council on its Facebook page this Monday writes Monday September 16, 2019 has condemned the brutal and inhuman murder of a woman in that municipality
“It is with anger filled trauma that I write condemning the burial of a life being in our municipality.
No matter the reasons, I shall never be part of such gruesome acts!
I say again, there is life after the crisis and each of us will give an account of what he/ she has done”. The council writes
The killing which has sparked outrage on social media was allegedly carried by Ambazonian fighters. The fighter in a viral video said she is a “black leg”.
Batibo council in Momo division of the North-west Region is one the areas greatly hit by the socio political crisis in the Anglophone regions of tbe country.
In 2018 the administrative head of the Subdivision was kidnapped on a day Cameroon celebrated her youths. His whereabout have since remained unknown.
Many inhabitants of the Sub Division since the escalation of the crisis have since been seeking for refuge in other towns and cities. They are fleeing from atrocities committed as the conflict in Cameroons North West and South West regions continues to escalate.
- February 2020 elections: SDF prepares to run, Anglophones prepare to bury the party November 14, 2019
- Chaos welcome Biya at Paris Peace forum November 12, 2019
- How competent is CONAC? Agency shockingly snubs $15.3 million embezzlement lead November 11, 2019
- Biya dares Fru Ndi; convenes electorate without fulfilling SDF demands November 10, 2019
- Bad week for Ambazonia:”General” Nambere’s defection provides an intelligence “goldmine” for military November 10, 2019
- How to add Instagram photo feed to your WordPress site (in 5 minutes!) October 1, 2019How (and why) to add Instagram to WordPress and see more benefits from that match? We give you all the details and tools to do it successfully yourself! The post How to add Instagram photo feed to your WordPress site (in 5 minutes!) appeared first on Meks.Ivana Cirkovic
- 13 best headline & blog title generator tools to easily boost your SEO September 12, 2019Ready to increase traffic to your website today? Use these headline generator tools and improve your click-through-rates! The post 13 best headline & blog title generator tools to easily boost your SEO appeared first on Meks.Ivana Cirkovic
- How to create a Facebook Page for your blog (plus PRO tips) September 4, 2019Wondering how to create a Facebook Page for your blog knowing that you really do need one? Follow our in depth guide and learn how to create and manage attractive and successful Facebook Page! The post How to create a Facebook Page for your blog (plus PRO tips) appeared first on Meks.Ivana Cirkovic
- Beginners guide on how to redirect a page in WordPress August 29, 2019Whether you’re trying to redirect a page in WordPress or just want to discover and understand why it’s important, use this guide to help you get ahead of it and learn all there is to it. The post Beginners guide on how to redirect a page in WordPress appeared first on Meks.Ivana Cirkovic
- The best Facebook Groups for SEO to improve your knowledge and rankings August 21, 2019Are you tired of searching for the best Facebook groups for SEO to improve your knowledge and learn about the tricks from the trade? The post The best Facebook Groups for SEO to improve your knowledge and rankings appeared first on Meks.Ivana Cirkovic
- Useful rank tracking plugin and tools recommendation to improve your WordPress website SEO August 15, 2019Are you looking for a reliable rank tracking plugin to track your rankings on search engines and improve SEO strategy? Here is our top recommendation! The post Useful rank tracking plugin and tools recommendation to improve your WordPress website SEO appeared first on Meks.Ivana Cirkovic
Politics5 days ago
Kamto arrives Gouachie in honour and leaves in disgrace
Cameroon4 days ago
125 countries poisoned the Ambazonian dream in one communique
Cameroon4 days ago
Biya dares Fru Ndi; convenes electorate without fulfilling SDF demands
Cameroon4 days ago
Bad week for Ambazonia:”General” Nambere’s defection provides an intelligence “goldmine” for military
Global4 days ago
Woman wins child support after impregnating self with stolen billionaire’s sperm
Cameroon3 days ago
How competent is CONAC? Agency shockingly snubs $15.3 million embezzlement lead
Entertainment7 days ago
Wax Dey spits fire, schools overzealous entertainers on success tips
Human Interest7 days ago
A grieving Gouatchié smiles for visiting Kamto as thousands say welcome