Information gathered from reliable sources, we learn that several leaders of the separatist movement of Ambazonia living in the United States would be actively sought by the FBI.
Among them, the former CRTV reporter Tapang Ivo Tanku.
Residing in the United States, the self-acclaimed “General Ivo” is probably one of the most extreme leaders of the movement on social networks.
Without any known military training and far from being a relative, or even a comrade in arms with Major General Ivo Desancio Yenwo, Director of Presidential Security, “General Ivo” is in fact a journalist by training, formerly of Cameroon Radio Television (Crtv).
The self-acclaimed general is no diubt a “general” on the social media battlefield. Tapang commands thousands of followers from his computer keyboard in US and has repeated calls for the people to rebel against the government back home
A self-proclaimed generalissimo of the “Republic of Ambazonia”, he is one of the most extreme elements of the Anglophone protest movement and seen by the government as a thorn in their flesh
On his Facebook page, the “general” sends “his troops” to break and burn schools and other public buildings, sponsors the kidnappings of local government installed authorities stationed in the North West and South West etc.
A Shrewd demagogue, this superior officer of another kind has repeatedly announced the provision of the latest generation of weapons to his troops to wage war against what he terms the the “invader from Yaoundé”
Two days ago, one of the multiple Facebook accounts of “General Ivo” was suspended. Reason: The Ambazonian General has issued the personal telephone number of the Minister of Communication Issa Tchiroma Bakary, with instructions to bother this member of government to the maximum.
Handing over of military planes on 15th may 2008 in Yaoundé, the US ambassador Peter Henry Barlerin has slammed what he calls “tiny minority’ of Cameroonians spreading hate speech and violence back home, leaving many to believe the end of the US based activists is near
The ambassador remarks came under sharp rebuke from the same people whom he criticized as they accused the US diplomat of supporting the government in a war against its people
Meanwhile, the president of the republic has insisted that national unity is supreme while calling on all Cameroonians to work towards bringing an end to the crisis
Breaking: The D.O of Mbengwi has been kidnapped
AmbaNews24 is reporting that seperatist forces have kidnap the Divisional Officer (DO) of Mbengwi, Fouda Etaba Benoit Nicaise.
“Nicaise was arrested in Mbengwi, the seat of Momo State and of the Mbengwi local government area or “subdivision” as the occupying Cameroon government describes it. Colonial DO was appointed by Presidential decree number 2017/239 of May 22, 2017 as D.O for Mbengwi” ambanews24 writes
In March 2019, a military convoy transporting Nacaise came under attack by separatist fighters, but the DO was safe and unhurt.
The government is yet to confirm the news and TeboPost cannot independently verify the news.
But if true, it will be a major setback ahead of plan national dialogue scheduled for September 30th as government struggles to find lasting solutions to the Anglophone crisis
Mbengwi is the divisional capital of Momo division North West region. The same division where the DO of Batibo was kidnapped years back and his whereabouts remain unknown till date.
National Dialogue: South West elites hold “regional dialogue” of their own.
The authorities of South west region have rallied different stakeholders within the municipality and beyond for pre-dialogue ahead of the national dialogue called by President Biya which is scheduled for end of September.
The pre-dialogue discussion taking place at the chambers of the Buea council Buidling is the first of its kind since the announcement of the grand national dialogue on September 10th 2019.
Chaired by the governor of the South West region alongside other top officials in the region, the dialogue aimed at finding a common ground ahead of much anticipated national dialogue.
Prime minister Dion Ngute who is charged with the coordination of the historic talks has been holding consultations with different stakeholders in Yaounde ahead of the talks.
In his surprised address to the nation on September 10th 2019, President Paul Biya announced the holding of national dialogue at the end of September which he says is geared towards resolving the socio-economic crisis in the South West and North West Regions of Cameroon and other national concerns.
Powerless Batibo council responds to Ambazonian savagery
The Batibo Council on its Facebook page this Monday writes Monday September 16, 2019 has condemned the brutal and inhuman murder of a woman in that municipality
“It is with anger filled trauma that I write condemning the burial of a life being in our municipality.
No matter the reasons, I shall never be part of such gruesome acts!
I say again, there is life after the crisis and each of us will give an account of what he/ she has done”. The council writes
The killing which has sparked outrage on social media was allegedly carried by Ambazonian fighters. The fighter in a viral video said she is a “black leg”.
Batibo council in Momo division of the North-west Region is one the areas greatly hit by the socio political crisis in the Anglophone regions of tbe country.
In 2018 the administrative head of the Subdivision was kidnapped on a day Cameroon celebrated her youths. His whereabout have since remained unknown.
Many inhabitants of the Sub Division since the escalation of the crisis have since been seeking for refuge in other towns and cities. They are fleeing from atrocities committed as the conflict in Cameroons North West and South West regions continues to escalate.
- Cameroon, a young entrepreneur creates sensation by making face shields to help school resumption June 3, 2020
- Editorial: America is burning, smoke of racial inferno is choking the world with lessons June 1, 2020
- CUIB, Invincible no more: Bishop Bibi shakes Buea diocese, scratches CUIB as sweeping dismissal looms May 30, 2020
- Calibro Calibri, famed activist, arrested in France for attempting suicide infront of National Assembly May 29, 2020
- PM snubs teachers’ demands, insist schools will resume on June 1st 2020 May 29, 2020
- Protest disrupts Hong Kong legislative debate over China national anthem bill June 4, 2020Police and firefighters entered Hong Kong's legislature on Thursday after two pro-democracy lawmakers threw foul-smelling liquid to protest against China's "murderous" crackdown by Chinese troops in and around Tiananmen Square 31 years ago.
- South Korea seeks arrest of Samsung heir in succession probe June 4, 2020South Korean prosecutors have requested an arrest warrant against Samsung Group heir Jay Y. Lee, they said on Thursday, in the investigation of a controversial 2015 merger and alleged accounting fraud in a suspected bid to aid his succession plans.
- U.S. airlines gain final approval to drop services to 75 domestic airports June 4, 2020Fifteen U.S. airlines were granted final government approval on Wednesday to temporarily halt service to 75 domestic airports as travel demand has been crushed due to the coronavirus pandemic.
- Exclusive: Rosneft replaces sanctioned trading arm with new one - sources June 4, 2020Russia's Rosneft , which closed its oil trading arm after sanctions were imposed by U.S. authorities in February, has set up a new Geneva-based trading business, four trading sources familiar with the matter said.
- Asian stocks reach two-month high on economic recovery hopes June 4, 2020Asian shares rose to a two-month high on Thursday as expectations of further government stimulus supported investor confidence in an economic recovery from the global coronavirus pandemic.
- New charges against Minneapolis policemen as protests continue June 4, 2020Prosecutors on Wednesday leveled new criminal charges against four Minneapolis policemen implicated in the death of a black man pinned by his neck to the street during an arrest that sparked more than a week of nationwide protest and civil strife.
Editorial5 days ago
CUIB, Invincible no more: Bishop Bibi shakes Buea diocese, scratches CUIB as sweeping dismissal looms
Cameroon6 days ago
War, disease and poverty: Worst time to be an Anglophone Cameroonian?
Cameroon6 days ago
Opinion: The rate of jobless master’s degree holders in Cameroon is concerning
Cameroon6 days ago
COVID-19: Minister tasks councils to disinfect schools ahead of school reopening
Global3 days ago
Editorial: America is burning, smoke of racial inferno is choking the world with lessons
Politics6 days ago
Calibro Calibri, famed activist, arrested in France for attempting suicide infront of National Assembly
Business1 day ago
Cameroon, a young entrepreneur creates sensation by making face shields to help school resumption
Cameroon6 days ago
PM snubs teachers’ demands, insist schools will resume on June 1st 2020