In an interview granted to Douala based Equinox television today Thursday July 26th 2018, four days after sealing shop, offices, banks and major companies in the town of Buea for respecting ghost town on Monday 23th July 2018, the controversial mayor of the South West Regional capital of Buea accuses the elites of only interested in destabilizing the municipality.
The political Maradona accused fellow CPDM heavy weights in the region of “abandoning him” during difficult moments and bemoans the kidnappings of traditional rulers within is municipality by ambazonian separatists.
“I feel terribly bad that all questions pertaining to happenings in municipality are all pointing at me” he said before adding that “for the elites I can’t remember the last time I saw an elite here but if is to come and crucify Ekema…. They would have been champions unfortunately all of them are now refuges in Yaoundé and Douala” the mayor conclude as he makes mockery of the threat of potential kidnappings elites by armed separatists which have kept them away from their homes.
In a defiant tone, Mayor Ekeme unapologetically declares he will move to other parts of the municipality like Mile 16 and Muea to enforces his controversial decision if traders continue to respect the ghost town in a move legal minds have decry as illegal and makes mockery of Cameroon’s stature as a state of law
The landlord of the town said he acted on the law and based on the agreement made between the council and the traders which to him they have breached.
A mayor who is no stranger to controversy
The Mayor of Buea, Mr. Patrick Esunge is no stranger to controversy. He looms large over the historic town of Buea and remains one of the most famous vote holders in the country.
Political infighting within his municipality, his hardline policy against armed separatist has made him and embarrassing academic forgery has constantly put the CPDM firebrand permanently on the spotlight for all the wrong reasons
Until recently, he was accused by many media organs and activists for fleeing to another country after heavy gun battles preceded his no ghost town declaration on July 9th 2018.
On Monday July 23rd 2018, business owners were caught in a crossfire after they closed their shops to respect ghost town enforced by separatists against their mayor’s advice and what followed was a historical closure of businesses in the town by the no nonsense mayor
Breaking: The D.O of Mbengwi has been kidnapped
AmbaNews24 is reporting that seperatist forces have kidnap the Divisional Officer (DO) of Mbengwi, Fouda Etaba Benoit Nicaise.
“Nicaise was arrested in Mbengwi, the seat of Momo State and of the Mbengwi local government area or “subdivision” as the occupying Cameroon government describes it. Colonial DO was appointed by Presidential decree number 2017/239 of May 22, 2017 as D.O for Mbengwi” ambanews24 writes
In March 2019, a military convoy transporting Nacaise came under attack by separatist fighters, but the DO was safe and unhurt.
The government is yet to confirm the news and TeboPost cannot independently verify the news.
But if true, it will be a major setback ahead of plan national dialogue scheduled for September 30th as government struggles to find lasting solutions to the Anglophone crisis
Mbengwi is the divisional capital of Momo division North West region. The same division where the DO of Batibo was kidnapped years back and his whereabouts remain unknown till date.
National Dialogue: South West elites hold “regional dialogue” of their own.
The authorities of South west region have rallied different stakeholders within the municipality and beyond for pre-dialogue ahead of the national dialogue called by President Biya which is scheduled for end of September.
The pre-dialogue discussion taking place at the chambers of the Buea council Buidling is the first of its kind since the announcement of the grand national dialogue on September 10th 2019.
Chaired by the governor of the South West region alongside other top officials in the region, the dialogue aimed at finding a common ground ahead of much anticipated national dialogue.
Prime minister Dion Ngute who is charged with the coordination of the historic talks has been holding consultations with different stakeholders in Yaounde ahead of the talks.
In his surprised address to the nation on September 10th 2019, President Paul Biya announced the holding of national dialogue at the end of September which he says is geared towards resolving the socio-economic crisis in the South West and North West Regions of Cameroon and other national concerns.
Powerless Batibo council responds to Ambazonian savagery
The Batibo Council on its Facebook page this Monday writes Monday September 16, 2019 has condemned the brutal and inhuman murder of a woman in that municipality
“It is with anger filled trauma that I write condemning the burial of a life being in our municipality.
No matter the reasons, I shall never be part of such gruesome acts!
I say again, there is life after the crisis and each of us will give an account of what he/ she has done”. The council writes
The killing which has sparked outrage on social media was allegedly carried by Ambazonian fighters. The fighter in a viral video said she is a “black leg”.
Batibo council in Momo division of the North-west Region is one the areas greatly hit by the socio political crisis in the Anglophone regions of tbe country.
In 2018 the administrative head of the Subdivision was kidnapped on a day Cameroon celebrated her youths. His whereabout have since remained unknown.
Many inhabitants of the Sub Division since the escalation of the crisis have since been seeking for refuge in other towns and cities. They are fleeing from atrocities committed as the conflict in Cameroons North West and South West regions continues to escalate.
- Most hated congress women among signatories of letter which puts Yaounde on notice December 14, 2019
- Eulogies galore: Friends and foes pour encomiums as Ekema gets farewell December 14, 2019
- US warplane in Cameroon raises concerns December 13, 2019
- Buea on standstill as UB graduates thousands December 13, 2019
- World’s biggest money printer may stop working due to lack of money December 9, 2019
- Top 8 WordPress audio player plugins to enhance your podcast or music November 15, 2019What are the top WordPress audio player plugins to choose from for your next music or podcast project? Take your pick from our suggestions! The post Top 8 WordPress audio player plugins to enhance your podcast or music appeared first on Meks.Ivana Cirkovic
- How to add Instagram photo feed to your WordPress site (in 5 minutes!) October 1, 2019How (and why) to add Instagram to WordPress and see more benefits from that match? We give you all the details and tools to do it successfully yourself! The post How to add Instagram photo feed to your WordPress site (in 5 minutes!) appeared first on Meks.Ivana Cirkovic
- 13 best headline & blog title generator tools to easily boost your SEO September 12, 2019Ready to increase traffic to your website today? Use these headline generator tools and improve your click-through-rates! The post 13 best headline & blog title generator tools to easily boost your SEO appeared first on Meks.Ivana Cirkovic
- How to create a Facebook Page for your blog (plus PRO tips) September 4, 2019Wondering how to create a Facebook Page for your blog knowing that you really do need one? Follow our in depth guide and learn how to create and manage attractive and successful Facebook Page! The post How to create a Facebook Page for your blog (plus PRO tips) appeared first on Meks.Ivana Cirkovic
- Beginners guide on how to redirect a page in WordPress August 29, 2019Whether you’re trying to redirect a page in WordPress or just want to discover and understand why it’s important, use this guide to help you get ahead of it and learn all there is to it. The post Beginners guide on how to redirect a page in WordPress appeared first on Meks.Ivana Cirkovic
- The best Facebook Groups for SEO to improve your knowledge and rankings August 21, 2019Are you tired of searching for the best Facebook groups for SEO to improve your knowledge and learn about the tricks from the trade? The post The best Facebook Groups for SEO to improve your knowledge and rankings appeared first on Meks.Ivana Cirkovic
Cameroon3 days ago
US warplane in Cameroon raises concerns
Cameroon2 days ago
Eulogies galore: Friends and foes pour encomiums as Ekema gets farewell
Cameroon2 days ago
Most hated congress women among signatories of letter which puts Yaounde on notice
Business7 days ago
World’s biggest money printer may stop working due to lack of money
Cameroon3 days ago
Buea on standstill as UB graduates thousands