While you were away, Tebopost puts together the most compelling news making events during the week end to get you to speed with latest developments around the country
Killing of Buea chief sparks outrage online
The death of his Royal Highness Chief Mbanda of Lysoka, village, Buea Sub division, Fako division, south West region in the hands of secessionist sparks outrage across the entire Anglophone regions and in the other parts of the country
The traditional ruler who happened to be one of the 7 chiefs kidnaped by separatist forces from Fako division South West region of Cameroon died in mysterious circumstances but his captors says he died after he felt sick.
Announcing his death through a viral video, the chief who lied on a wooden stretcher with his hands tied with ropes while two other captives chief Njombe of Wokaka and his colleague said he died after brief sickness to the embracement of many
Many have taken to social media to denounce the shameful treatment of custodians of their tradition and call for the release of the remaining chiefs while separatists’ forces have vowed they will be kept under custody while they carry on more arrests in the days ahead.
Mayor Ekema chairs an indigenous conference of his own and talks tough
The firebrand Buea mayor who is no stranger to negative publicity is at it again. The political Maradona after dominating news headlines the entire last week for sealing over 800 shops, banks, and companies in his municipality for respecting ghost town on July 23rd 2018, did summoned indigenous Bakwerians to his council hall on Sunday July 29th 2018 without disclosing the agenda-now we know atleast
Even though the attendance was not impressive as other elites of the region whom the mayor says are “refugees in Yaoundé and Douala” boycotted the event, the defiant mayor was still in full command.
He called on the youths to march on Tuesday July 31st to denounce the killing of one of their traditional rulers and the release of the remaining captives.
He also vowed to prevent the planned All Anglophone conference called by revered Roman Catholic Cardinal Tumi and other clergy in his town, saying that it will not hold even if the President of the republic approved it in a daring move that has rattled political observers
Osih’s nationality crisis is not going away
The ugly shadow surrounding who Joshua Osih is still remains a problem for the flag bearer of the chief opposition party in the country even though he and his party are struggling with little success to make it a no event and be seen by their supporters and sympathizers as political witch-hunt
The SDF Presidential aspirant was on the offensive again this week end, rebuking claims that he is not a Cameroonian as his opponent’s points to his Switzerland roots where his mother hails from
For a man who just ended his term of office as a parliamentarian to challenge the highest office of the land, many know these allegations are political distractions from his opponents but the impact is real nevertheless.
In a tweet on July 25th 2018, Joshua Osih reaffirms his Cameroonian identity while his party also rubbished the issue on the just ended NEC meeting communiqué issued on Sunday July 29th 2018
Just to set the record straight: I am Cameroonian and nothing else. #Etoudi2018
— Joshua Osih (@JoshuaOsih) July 25, 2018
More than 100 prisoners freed in a week end attack on Ndop prison
Reports from the North west regions during the week end says unknown gun men attacked Ndop central prison, in North west region and freed all 150 prisoners after the building was burnt by the attackers.
Details about the attack are still sketchy and Yaoundé authorities are yet to issue any official statement
But the attack is an embarrassment to authorities of the region and poses a serious security concerns to denizens of the area
Dr Munzi says he life s under threat
Former Assistant secretary General to the United Nations and coordinator of the planned All Anglophone conference scheduled for 29 and 30th in Buea, Cameroonian Born Dr. Simon Munzi says his life is under threat.
According to reports by the Sun newspaper, Dr Munzi says he is receiving death threats from anonymous persons who don’t want the planned conference organized by clergy from the restive regions led by Christian cardinal Tumi to hold.
Christian cardinal Tumi and four other clergy had joined forces an issue an unprecedented announcement calling for an All Anglophone conference in Buea.
Breaking: The D.O of Mbengwi has been kidnapped
AmbaNews24 is reporting that seperatist forces have kidnap the Divisional Officer (DO) of Mbengwi, Fouda Etaba Benoit Nicaise.
“Nicaise was arrested in Mbengwi, the seat of Momo State and of the Mbengwi local government area or “subdivision” as the occupying Cameroon government describes it. Colonial DO was appointed by Presidential decree number 2017/239 of May 22, 2017 as D.O for Mbengwi” ambanews24 writes
In March 2019, a military convoy transporting Nacaise came under attack by separatist fighters, but the DO was safe and unhurt.
The government is yet to confirm the news and TeboPost cannot independently verify the news.
But if true, it will be a major setback ahead of plan national dialogue scheduled for September 30th as government struggles to find lasting solutions to the Anglophone crisis
Mbengwi is the divisional capital of Momo division North West region. The same division where the DO of Batibo was kidnapped years back and his whereabouts remain unknown till date.
National Dialogue: South West elites hold “regional dialogue” of their own.
The authorities of South west region have rallied different stakeholders within the municipality and beyond for pre-dialogue ahead of the national dialogue called by President Biya which is scheduled for end of September.
The pre-dialogue discussion taking place at the chambers of the Buea council Buidling is the first of its kind since the announcement of the grand national dialogue on September 10th 2019.
Chaired by the governor of the South West region alongside other top officials in the region, the dialogue aimed at finding a common ground ahead of much anticipated national dialogue.
Prime minister Dion Ngute who is charged with the coordination of the historic talks has been holding consultations with different stakeholders in Yaounde ahead of the talks.
In his surprised address to the nation on September 10th 2019, President Paul Biya announced the holding of national dialogue at the end of September which he says is geared towards resolving the socio-economic crisis in the South West and North West Regions of Cameroon and other national concerns.
Powerless Batibo council responds to Ambazonian savagery
The Batibo Council on its Facebook page this Monday writes Monday September 16, 2019 has condemned the brutal and inhuman murder of a woman in that municipality
“It is with anger filled trauma that I write condemning the burial of a life being in our municipality.
No matter the reasons, I shall never be part of such gruesome acts!
I say again, there is life after the crisis and each of us will give an account of what he/ she has done”. The council writes
The killing which has sparked outrage on social media was allegedly carried by Ambazonian fighters. The fighter in a viral video said she is a “black leg”.
Batibo council in Momo division of the North-west Region is one the areas greatly hit by the socio political crisis in the Anglophone regions of tbe country.
In 2018 the administrative head of the Subdivision was kidnapped on a day Cameroon celebrated her youths. His whereabout have since remained unknown.
Many inhabitants of the Sub Division since the escalation of the crisis have since been seeking for refuge in other towns and cities. They are fleeing from atrocities committed as the conflict in Cameroons North West and South West regions continues to escalate.
- Living together chorister storms “above the law” Sangmelima October 17, 2019
- Ayaba Cho says Ayafor’s muderers have been arrested…. but there is a problem. October 15, 2019
- Days numbered? Lebialem Fons beg Yaounde to dethrone abominable king October 14, 2019
- MND not enough? US government calls for open ended dialogue without pre- conditions October 13, 2019
- Cameroon plays a barren draw with Tunisia under new coach October 13, 2019
- How to add Instagram photo feed to your WordPress site (in 5 minutes!) October 1, 2019How (and why) to add Instagram to WordPress and see more benefits from that match? We give you all the details and tools to do it successfully yourself! The post How to add Instagram photo feed to your WordPress site (in 5 minutes!) appeared first on Meks.Ivana Cirkovic
- 13 best headline & blog title generator tools to easily boost your SEO September 12, 2019Ready to increase traffic to your website today? Use these headline generator tools and improve your click-through-rates! The post 13 best headline & blog title generator tools to easily boost your SEO appeared first on Meks.Ivana Cirkovic
- How to create a Facebook Page for your blog (plus PRO tips) September 4, 2019Wondering how to create a Facebook Page for your blog knowing that you really do need one? Follow our in depth guide and learn how to create and manage attractive and successful Facebook Page! The post How to create a Facebook Page for your blog (plus PRO tips) appeared first on Meks.Ivana Cirkovic
- Beginners guide on how to redirect a page in WordPress August 29, 2019Whether you’re trying to redirect a page in WordPress or just want to discover and understand why it’s important, use this guide to help you get ahead of it and learn all there is to it. The post Beginners guide on how to redirect a page in WordPress appeared first on Meks.Ivana Cirkovic
- The best Facebook Groups for SEO to improve your knowledge and rankings August 21, 2019Are you tired of searching for the best Facebook groups for SEO to improve your knowledge and learn about the tricks from the trade? The post The best Facebook Groups for SEO to improve your knowledge and rankings appeared first on Meks.Ivana Cirkovic
- Useful rank tracking plugin and tools recommendation to improve your WordPress website SEO August 15, 2019Are you looking for a reliable rank tracking plugin to track your rankings on search engines and improve SEO strategy? Here is our top recommendation! The post Useful rank tracking plugin and tools recommendation to improve your WordPress website SEO appeared first on Meks.Ivana Cirkovic
Cameroon7 days ago
Hometown on fire: Sangmelima unrest threatens Biya’s happy stay in France
Human Interest6 days ago
7 Fun Facts about late Ekpeka Njoku, most powerful Bakweri jazz man
Global6 days ago
Ethiopian Prime Minister wins Nobel Peace prize
Cameroon5 days ago
Three hot files await Biya as he returns from “Lyon honeymoon”
Politics4 days ago
MND not enough? US government calls for open ended dialogue without pre- conditions
Human Interest5 days ago
US-Mexico border is a graveyard for Cameroonian immigrants…this is why
Sports5 days ago
Cameroon plays a barren draw with Tunisia under new coach
Cameroon3 days ago
Days numbered? Lebialem Fons beg Yaounde to dethrone abominable king