It was a day in which mayor Ekema Patrick, the defiant and firebrand Buea council mayor had invested almost all his political capital as he seemed to have defiled logic and political realities to galvanize supporters and sympathizers for what they termed a “unity march”
The controversial mayor and landlord of Buea municipality is certainly no stranger to controversy and has been on the better half of negative publicity from detractors and separatist’s for almost two years now following his unpopular stance as far as the Anglophone crisis is concerned.
The mayor is not a very popular political figure even in his own town. Abandoned by his fellow elites and suspicious to his own people, the country’s most famous mayor considers public opinion a political deja vus and works tirelessly to advance his own agander.
Recent events of the past has proven that his town despite rich in history and pregnant with political significance is not immune to attack and separatist forces have staged daring and bold attacks lately to remind the inhabitants of the town that its borders is within their reach.
Following the kidnapping of seven Fako-based chiefs by separatist forces, many had taken to social media and other news platform to slam the move including the mayor for kidnappings of custodian of tradition.
The kidnappings has generated a huge political debate and generated unwanted tribal sentiments, spreading fears of xenophobic attacks against indigenes from North West and other regions residents in the South West region especially in Fako
When the video of one of the chiefs who died in custody went viral receiving condemnation all round, the political divide, the political Maradona said he has had enough.
He took the rare and unprecedented step to summoned members of his indigenous Bakweri clan in is imposing council building to rollout his plans.
The man seen as enemy to secessionist condemned the kidnappings, called the people to join him on August 31st for a unity march.
The march pass was itself controversial considering the frail security situation of the town and the imposing threats by secessionists. Many had said it won’t old and called the move a political stunt for his Yaoundé audience
In a communiqué obtained by TeboPost, the mayor said the march pass was to decry the kidnappings of chiefs, call for unity in the country and say no to the planned All Anglophone Conference called by revered Catholic Arch Bishop Emeritus Christian cardinal Tumi and other clerics to solve the two years old Anglophone crisis.
Immediately after the news was released, separatists and activists took to their favorite platform-social media to wage an information war to counter the move, warning of dire consequences for anyone who showed up during the March pass and declaring the day another ghost town.
The massive propaganda and information warfare launched by the separatists and their backers failed substantially, as the undeterred mayor fought back, issued counter announcements of his own in a 24 hour information war which swamp the mobile devises of Anglophones as the stage was set.
Mayor Ekema as expected easily sail through the complex legal requirements and bottlenecks required by organizers of public protests especially these days and obtained a permit from appropriate quarters, dribbled his opponents and changed the itinerary of the march pass from Bongo Square to governor’s office rather than Bongo square to Mile 17 as was previously announced, narrowing the route and most importantly minimizing the risk and potential casualties.
While the march pass did not begin at the time it was announced, the combative mayor was present on time with his black tracksuit as he brave the unfriendly morning weather to wait the other supporters
The march pass started at about two hours late and even though the turnout was not impressive as less than 100 persons showed up, it was indeed a massive win for the man many say is the face of the anti-struggle.
Breaking: The D.O of Mbengwi has been kidnapped
AmbaNews24 is reporting that seperatist forces have kidnap the Divisional Officer (DO) of Mbengwi, Fouda Etaba Benoit Nicaise.
“Nicaise was arrested in Mbengwi, the seat of Momo State and of the Mbengwi local government area or “subdivision” as the occupying Cameroon government describes it. Colonial DO was appointed by Presidential decree number 2017/239 of May 22, 2017 as D.O for Mbengwi” ambanews24 writes
In March 2019, a military convoy transporting Nacaise came under attack by separatist fighters, but the DO was safe and unhurt.
The government is yet to confirm the news and TeboPost cannot independently verify the news.
But if true, it will be a major setback ahead of plan national dialogue scheduled for September 30th as government struggles to find lasting solutions to the Anglophone crisis
Mbengwi is the divisional capital of Momo division North West region. The same division where the DO of Batibo was kidnapped years back and his whereabouts remain unknown till date.
National Dialogue: South West elites hold “regional dialogue” of their own.
The authorities of South west region have rallied different stakeholders within the municipality and beyond for pre-dialogue ahead of the national dialogue called by President Biya which is scheduled for end of September.
The pre-dialogue discussion taking place at the chambers of the Buea council Buidling is the first of its kind since the announcement of the grand national dialogue on September 10th 2019.
Chaired by the governor of the South West region alongside other top officials in the region, the dialogue aimed at finding a common ground ahead of much anticipated national dialogue.
Prime minister Dion Ngute who is charged with the coordination of the historic talks has been holding consultations with different stakeholders in Yaounde ahead of the talks.
In his surprised address to the nation on September 10th 2019, President Paul Biya announced the holding of national dialogue at the end of September which he says is geared towards resolving the socio-economic crisis in the South West and North West Regions of Cameroon and other national concerns.
Powerless Batibo council responds to Ambazonian savagery
The Batibo Council on its Facebook page this Monday writes Monday September 16, 2019 has condemned the brutal and inhuman murder of a woman in that municipality
“It is with anger filled trauma that I write condemning the burial of a life being in our municipality.
No matter the reasons, I shall never be part of such gruesome acts!
I say again, there is life after the crisis and each of us will give an account of what he/ she has done”. The council writes
The killing which has sparked outrage on social media was allegedly carried by Ambazonian fighters. The fighter in a viral video said she is a “black leg”.
Batibo council in Momo division of the North-west Region is one the areas greatly hit by the socio political crisis in the Anglophone regions of tbe country.
In 2018 the administrative head of the Subdivision was kidnapped on a day Cameroon celebrated her youths. His whereabout have since remained unknown.
Many inhabitants of the Sub Division since the escalation of the crisis have since been seeking for refuge in other towns and cities. They are fleeing from atrocities committed as the conflict in Cameroons North West and South West regions continues to escalate.
- Living together chorister storms “above the law” Sangmelima October 17, 2019
- Ayaba Cho says Ayafor’s muderers have been arrested…. but there is a problem. October 15, 2019
- Days numbered? Lebialem Fons beg Yaounde to dethrone abominable king October 14, 2019
- MND not enough? US government calls for open ended dialogue without pre- conditions October 13, 2019
- Cameroon plays a barren draw with Tunisia under new coach October 13, 2019
- How to add Instagram photo feed to your WordPress site (in 5 minutes!) October 1, 2019How (and why) to add Instagram to WordPress and see more benefits from that match? We give you all the details and tools to do it successfully yourself! The post How to add Instagram photo feed to your WordPress site (in 5 minutes!) appeared first on Meks.Ivana Cirkovic
- 13 best headline & blog title generator tools to easily boost your SEO September 12, 2019Ready to increase traffic to your website today? Use these headline generator tools and improve your click-through-rates! The post 13 best headline & blog title generator tools to easily boost your SEO appeared first on Meks.Ivana Cirkovic
- How to create a Facebook Page for your blog (plus PRO tips) September 4, 2019Wondering how to create a Facebook Page for your blog knowing that you really do need one? Follow our in depth guide and learn how to create and manage attractive and successful Facebook Page! The post How to create a Facebook Page for your blog (plus PRO tips) appeared first on Meks.Ivana Cirkovic
- Beginners guide on how to redirect a page in WordPress August 29, 2019Whether you’re trying to redirect a page in WordPress or just want to discover and understand why it’s important, use this guide to help you get ahead of it and learn all there is to it. The post Beginners guide on how to redirect a page in WordPress appeared first on Meks.Ivana Cirkovic
- The best Facebook Groups for SEO to improve your knowledge and rankings August 21, 2019Are you tired of searching for the best Facebook groups for SEO to improve your knowledge and learn about the tricks from the trade? The post The best Facebook Groups for SEO to improve your knowledge and rankings appeared first on Meks.Ivana Cirkovic
- Useful rank tracking plugin and tools recommendation to improve your WordPress website SEO August 15, 2019Are you looking for a reliable rank tracking plugin to track your rankings on search engines and improve SEO strategy? Here is our top recommendation! The post Useful rank tracking plugin and tools recommendation to improve your WordPress website SEO appeared first on Meks.Ivana Cirkovic
Cameroon7 days ago
Hometown on fire: Sangmelima unrest threatens Biya’s happy stay in France
Human Interest6 days ago
7 Fun Facts about late Ekpeka Njoku, most powerful Bakweri jazz man
Global6 days ago
Ethiopian Prime Minister wins Nobel Peace prize
Cameroon5 days ago
Three hot files await Biya as he returns from “Lyon honeymoon”
Politics4 days ago
MND not enough? US government calls for open ended dialogue without pre- conditions
Human Interest5 days ago
US-Mexico border is a graveyard for Cameroonian immigrants…this is why
Sports5 days ago
Cameroon plays a barren draw with Tunisia under new coach
Cameroon3 days ago
Days numbered? Lebialem Fons beg Yaounde to dethrone abominable king