Cameroon’s football legend Samuel Eto’o Fils says he will be voting for the seating head of state Paul Biya in this year’s October 7th polls even though the law forbids him from doing so.
Samuel Eto’o was speaking as he led a wary looking CAF President and delegation to assure the Etoudi landlord about the certainty of Cameroon hosting the 2019 AFCON despite rumors that the tournament could be taken away from the Central African nation due to security concerns and lack of adequate infrastructure.
Speaking at the presidency, one of the all time Cameroon and African finest footballers Samuel Eto’o says “for all he has done for me and my Career, I will vote for Paul Biya”, throwing the CAF delegation under the boss as the football great politicize the organization in an unprecedented scene in Yaoundé.
The problem though is that despite being one of the most famous Cameroonian known around the world, Samuel Eto’o is also a Spanish national as he holds the European nation’s passport
Cameroon law does not give room for dual nationality and states any Cameroonian who picks up a different nationality automatically loses his Cameroonian nationality, effectively making the super star ineligible to vote in the country’s elections
Two face laws
The controversial dual nationality law has been heavily criticized though by the country’s opposition parties especially the SDF who are calling for the law to be scraped
The government has used the law to punch political opponents in the past and while ignoring government officials who have other nationality.
Radio Animation wonder Njeck Sylvanus bags home another major award
CRTV’s Njeck Sylvanus and radio sensation Njeck Sylvanus has won the another major awards four years after winning the Guradian Post Media person of the year in Limbe
The impact audio Media personality of the year award was handed to the microphone Guru and unarguably Anglophone finest MC in Yaounde Yesterday January 18th 2020.
The award seeks to recognize his works and achievements during the years in the media workspace.
Writing in his Facebook page, the journalist cum CEO of CIPMA (Cameroon International Premier Marketing Company) says he gives all glory to God while thanking all his fans who voted for him.
“I must confess to God be the glory . It’s a humble pleasure to win the Impact audio media personality of the year Saturday 18/01/2020 in Yaounde- Cameroon organised by GAICAM (Go Africa Initiative).Thank you all for your support.” he posted.
Njeck Sylvanus is journalists with CRTV. The father of three is considered by many as one of the best radio animators the country has ever seen. He is credited to have redefine radio animation and rollout a blueprint for young animators and journalists to emulate.
One of his fans by name Joel reacting to the award told TeboPost “I usually go to work late simply because I don’t want to miss any part of his show, it’s such an amazing program”
His mastery of the microphone and rare animation skills have earned him the nickname “sweet Njeck” as his breakfast show remains one of the most listened in the country. Many describe him as Cameroon’s finest MC.
Must Watch: Heir apparents of CFI redefine ‘stripping’ profession in a blockbuster movie
It’s a concept movie makers and lovers have describe as ground breaking and pregnant with message for Cameroonian youths as rising stars Vanesa T and Yvonne Nelson team up to warm our screens with a potential movie of the year.
Titled ‘stripping’, the Raindrop production dehumanizes the stripping profession especially in our African society and makes the case for a successful stripper who still remains descent
Shot in Buea, Douala, Limbe and Tiko, movie stripping features some of the renowned names in the country’s rising movie industry as well as introducing the heir apparents to the Cameroon movie industry
In a story filled with intrigue, suspense and lessons galore, the movie “stripping” is a story of a young 23 year old girl named Vanessa whose mother died and left her with her aunt named Mrs. Elena Salvador.
Mrs. Elena got married to a rich, drug trafficker called Mr. Gilbert and they had a son named Jason. Vanessa went through a lot of challenges in that house because both Mr. Gilbert and Jason will always rape Vanessa to the point of getting her pregnant. She didn’t know who fathered her baby so she went for abortion but it didn’t stop them from committing the act of rape on her….
It is a story that will make you cry and yet want to have more. Premier of the movie is scheduled for March 27th March 2020 at Buea Mountain hotel
For Ticket and reservations contact: 6 82 85 15 39 / 671 10 61 01
Naija’s AY shares “Broken” poster…and then kamer industry goes up in flames
It was one share which probably was too much. Popular Nigerian comedian and entrepreneur fondly called AY took to his Instagram page and Facebook to share a posters of himself as host of the Cameroonian movie premier of the blockbuster movie titled “Broken” today November 8th 2019 and the entire kamer showbiz industry lights up in flames
AY’s choice as one of the hosts for the premier was already being questioned at home as fans wanted to know why a local wasn’t chosen for the star studded movie produced by Syndy Emade.
AY further fueled the criticism ignorantly when he failed to share the poster of the premier on any of his social media handles which was closely being watched by Cameroonians and critics of the movie.
The Nigerian comedy kingpin had focused his marketing to woe his close to 4 million Facebook fans and over 7 million followers on Instagram to his much publicized movie “Merry Men” scheduled for release in December 2019.
Critics roasted the team behind the Cameroonian movie project “Broken” and says AY was only interested in money as Host rather than selling the movie to be premiered on November 22nd 2019 as should customary be the case within the entertainment circle.
Syndy and her supppoeters were on the defensive.
When the Nigerian-based super star and father of one finally decided to feed his huge online followers with a poster of himself titled “Come join me for the premiere of the movie BROKEN this 22nd at Douala Bercy in Cameroon 🇨🇲 Let’s experience history…” team Broken went into a state of ecstasy .
Images and screenshots of the posts went viral on social media and it was major talking point within the entertainment industry social media groups.
Supporters of what is now known as Team Syndy took to social media to rubbish their critics, saying they should be hiding in shame as AY has finally shared the poster of himself.
One social media user writes on Facebook “… those who say he has paid to host and not to advertise the movie , I hope you have realize your stupidity” as the unnecessary social media inferno rages on.
Many are however wondering why the beef, celebrations and condemnation surrounding the post by AY, regretting the divisive spirit in the industry.
The movie Broken has been at the center of multiple controversies ever since its premier date was announced weeks ago.
The choice of date has been controversial too with some accusing the team of choosing same date with a popular concert in DOUALA to rival its organizers
Broken team hover insists they had chosen the date first and remains unapologetic about it
- Coronavirus: Mixed signals from Yaounde shows survival depends on you May 25, 2020
- Intelligent, nice and hardworking: A friend to Nkeng Lizette paints saint-like picture of deceased May 25, 2020
- June 1st School resumption: Teachers make demanding demands May 25, 2020
- Kagame’s son appointed to board of Rwanda’s investment agency May 24, 2020
- Forgotten Vamoulke goes the Marafa way, writes from Kondengui May 24, 2020
- Hong Kong shares ease on China-U.S. rift, dollar firms May 25, 2020Hong Kong shares extended losses and a gauge of Asian stocks was largely subdued on Monday, after China's move to impose a new security law on Hong Kong heightened concerns about the future stability of the city and global trade prospects.
- Hong Kong's security, police chiefs warn of growing 'terrorism' as national laws loom May 25, 2020Hong Kong's security and police chiefs said "terrorism" was growing in the city, as government departments rallied on Monday behind Beijing's plans to introduce national security laws after thousands took to the streets to protest against the move.
- Americans spend holiday at beaches and parks as virus death toll nears 100,000 May 25, 2020Americans sunbathed on beaches, fished from boats and strolled on boardwalks this holiday weekend, even as the U.S. death toll from COVID-19 fast approaches 100,000.
- Thousands without power in Western Australia after once in a decade storm May 25, 2020Wild weather downed trees and left tens of thousands of people without power in Western Australia, as emergency services began cleaning up in Perth on Monday after some of the worst weather in a decade.
- Abe's 'own goals' slash support rates even as Japan's coronavirus emergency set to be lifted May 25, 2020A string of controversial missteps has slashed Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe's support to levels that could threaten to end his term early, even as he prepares to lift a state of emergency after the rate of coronavirus infections declined.
- Thousands protest Chinese security law as unrest returns to Hong Kong May 24, 2020Hong Kong police fired tear gas and water cannon to disperse thousands of people who rallied on Sunday to protest against Beijing's plan to impose national security laws on the city.
Politics3 days ago
Where is Fru Ndi isolating? Cameroon faces first crisis in a generation without its iconic opposition figure.
Politics6 days ago
COVID-19 cure: Biya turns to his herbalists as the world looks up to scientists
Entertainment6 days ago
Back-to-back: Cameroon Music trio drops another banger “I don tire”
Cameroon8 hours ago
June 1st School resumption: Teachers make demanding demands
Politics4 days ago
Parliament: Cameroon’s deputy speaker recommends prayers to solve Anglophone crisis
Cameroon4 days ago
Cameroonians weep as medic walks Covid-19 patient to hospital on foot.
Politics1 day ago
Forgotten Vamoulke goes the Marafa way, writes from Kondengui
Cameroon6 days ago
Cameroon: Dr. Munjah Vitalis recommends solution to Anglophone crisis in PhD thesis