The defiant Cameroonian born Canadian based professor Ben Akih who leads the movement One Cameroon in peace and Unity and a staunch critic of President Biya has written a two dimensional letter.
In a two pat series, the professor writes to inform Cameroonian about the increasing role being played by Israeli born Mr. Maher Herez who serves as security adviser to the President of the republic and the other to Mr Mahrez himself.
Read full message below
1st message to the Israeli decision-maker at the Cameroonian presidency, Mr. Maher Herez: Stop meddling in our national politics. Stop your radicalizing security projects which plunge our country into civil war and make our human right record very bad with summary executions.
Dear brothers and sisters,
Our presidential guard, BIR and some aspects of this fraudulent president election are managed by a foreigner. This Israeli officer, Mr. Maher Herez, is also the adviser to the president on security issues. It does not end with the contractual business of Mr. Herez.
The state of Israel also has it easier having Cameroon vote the way Israel wants her at the UN. Recently, Mr. Jean Pierre Biyi Bi Essam, former minister of post and telecommunication, was sent by Mr. Biya to Israel as the new Cameroonian ambassador.
Israel had the full power to taunt the fellow by refusing to accept his accreditation for close to 5 months until on Oct 25, 2015. We’d like to believe that this recent gesture is in response to our critical attitude to the Israel-Cameroon diplomacy.
No Cameroonian worthy of the name should tolerate this colonial behavior. We will, for the sake of fatherland, put ourselves in danger in order to stop this colonial behavior. This is the true destabilization.
Here is our first direct message to Mr. Maher Herez, the Israeli running our show, asking him to stop this interference because he is a foreign destabilizer.
By the way, we want to say this to Atanga Nji, Issa Tchiroma, and ELECAM director, and the other corrupt entourage of Biya: you have betrayed Cameroon by misleading Biya and for this election.
Can you, please, just shut up about this supposed destabilization of Cameroon from without? Cameroon has been destabilized from within, with your punishable help.
We have lost our sovereignty to overriding foreign interests. If Mr. Atanga unleashes anti-demonstration violence, you can guess that the incompetent bully is doing nothing running the errand of the Israeli who is president while Biya sleeps.
Kamto’s coalition has the right to non-violent and legal protest to reclaim their stolen victory.
Dear Mr. Maher Herez,
we speak on behalf of Cameroon nationalists and pacifists who are revolted by the fact that you, as a foreigner, are the one calling the shots on critical issues of our beloved country.
- Mr. Biya has been misled by you and others; his further stay in power can only worsen his legacy. He did not win this election, so he should yield or call for fresh elections.
- Mr. Biya as president is supposed to attend to the grievances of his people, implement strategies to prevent radicalization of youths, such as in the North, enforce the rule of law, build strong institutions, and make sure that the will of the people as expressed in elections is sacred. The use of force to restore peace and order is a mark of failure and generally a last resort. But here we see that Biya has abandoned political engagements and participation in public life. He has left the state to the devices of corrupt workers who treat the law with contempt and despise the people. He only speaks to the people through the use of force. He is more concerned about preservation of his figurehead presidency.
- Given your central role in security matters at the presidency, and the fact that the Israeli-inspired BIR is technically run by you, a foreigner, we can conclude that the expression of Mr. Biya’s authority through the use of force in wars that cannot be won, is tacitly your handwork.
- You’re gravely mistaken in your military approach. BIR is an instrument for radicalization and for the destruction of the rule of law. Summary executions are part of your methods. To see more clearly that this is wrong, you’ve imported the techniques of Israel fighting against Hamas, a foreign terrorist group. But here we are talking about Cameroonians, even those who support secession or are misled to join Boko Haram in the North. Summary executions are wrong against them. In fact, even the methods used by Israel against Hamas are often characterized as violations. That’s the reason your nation scrambles to get colonies like Cameroon to vote against sanctions at the UN.
- Your approach has failed your client in many ways. You must stop meddling and give way to a peaceful transition in Cameroon. This is the time for Biya to exit.
5.1 If you assure Biya that he will survive the unwinnable wars and the stolen elections, you’re wrong. You won’t be able to deliver. Your compatriots failed Mobutu and other African dictators.
5.2. Your focus on security only without political measures in the north, makes whatever gains made against Boko Haram temporary.
5.3. The war in NW/SW is expanding and it can never be won. You don’t care about the misery, the schools and the broken economy. Perhaps, is it because more fighting means more money for you and your country’s military complex?
5.4. You’re rumoured to have brought in your fellow Israeli who pretended to be observers from transparency international. This fits the pattern of your countrymen and women who have tried in the past to help African dictators rig elections.
You have failed because these observers were denounced, Biya humiliated, and the whole world made aware of the fraud that is your client’s system. Mr. Biya has not won the election and he knows that; this makes your approach a failure.
5.5. Your attempt to improve Mr. Biya’s image abroad cannot yield fruits. Just see how many congratulatory messages he has received so far. He should know that his time to exit has come. The pressure is on him to reverse the military campaign in NW/SW.
He ignored the advice we and many others gave him – political engagement. But even this one now is too late because you have effectively radicalized the people further. Again, you have failed your client and plunged our nation in an abyss. You had no right to call the shots in the first place.
5.6. You have fine-tuned anti-demonstration crackdown methods. Do yourself a favor and advise your client not to use it against people who have been wronged. Citizens want their votes. These votes will count. Any crackdown or threats to Kamto will be another failure.
- Consequences: Mr. Biya will leave. You will have no hand in choosing his successor. Don’t try a coup d’etat like some of your compatriots have done in other African countries (Idi Amin, Mobutu, etc.). Kamto will be the next president of Cameroon by all indications. Cameroon nationalists will likely demand dissolution of BIR and its absorption into the regular army. You will likely lose your military contract because no Cameroonian can tolerate the quasi-colonial military arrangement of BIR and presidential guard.
- If your country is involved in this as it is elsewhere in Africa, Cameroon will be a lesson that the focus on politics and military contracts is wrong-headed. Israel will do well by focusing on agriculture, medical, technological, and educational trade relations with African countries. African nationals and pacifists can tolerate military schemes which only radicalize the citizens.
We speak as nationalist and want to regain control of our country that is now in your hands as a foreigner. You would do the same if a non-Israeli were to impose security strategies on Israel. Africans are not stupid. This is a sensitive anti-military and colonial campaign. You won’t like it; you would be tempted to come after us. We are not afraid of you. We would denounce your colonial manoeuvers over and over again, even if the price is death.
Living together chorister storms “above the law” Sangmelima
Paul Atanga Nji gets hilarious welcome at Sangmelima this day the 17th of October 2019. The entire population and Elites, political and traditional authorities, Alongside the ETA Major of the Administrative jurisdiction of Sangmelima had to welcome the MINAT boss few hours ago.
Paul Atanga Nji is in Samgmelima for a working visit which comes after an inter commuting conflict erupted there last week following the death of an indigene.
The Bulus (indigenes of Sangmelima) attacked the Bamuns and Bamilekes, breaking their shops and looting their goods for two days continuously, all in the watchful eyes of seemingly “helpless” law enforcement officers.
They (Bulus) say the the Bamums were responsible for the murderer of one of theirs who died on Tuesday October 9th 2019.
The two days violent which engulfed the town quickly drew the attention of the nation as many watched in consternation the degree of restraint exhibited by the country’s trigger happy police in the face of unprecedented violence against a minority.
Many Cameroonians where quick to take to social media to condemn the violence, describing it as “xenophobic” with government struggling to contained the situation.
But perhaps the most eye catching situation amidst the violence was the lack of action from the police, who failed to deter the protesters and had no one arrested after two days violence which led to the destruction and looting of goods estimated at hundreds of millions.
Many were quick to draw comparison with similar violence or non violent protests in other parts of the country which are always met with heavy police crackdown.
The inaction by security forces was largely due to the fact that the town is the hometown of the President of the republic, and most of its indigenes occupy some of the most senior role in government- forcing the police officers to watch helplessly for fear of arresting or injuring the wrong citizen.
The last week violence sparked a national debate about the rule of law in the country, many now question if some Cameroonians are more important than others before the very law which governs the entire nation.
Many young non-indigenes left the town after the the attack by the locals and the decision from mayor and other stakeholders that all bike riders must be indigenes of the town, another move which questions the “vivre ensemble” preached by the government and sets a dangerous precedence across the national triangle.
The visit of the all powerful MINAT boss who is the frontline leader of the living together mantra will be highly monitored as many are hoping perpetrators of such violence will not go unpunished to say the least.
Atanga Nji has proven before that he is a political bulldozer, daring to go places his peers can’t imagine and a champion of oneness for the country.
His visit to Biya’s hometown will be yet another test of his unwavering political might and his ability to prove doubters of “the living together” policy wrong, should he do what many believe is another impossibility- Nailing the Bulus for crimes against another tribe of a nation where the rule of law is supreme.
Ayaba Cho says Ayafor’s muderers have been arrested…. but there is a problem.
On Monday October 14th 2019, the President of Ambazonian Governing Council, Ayaba Cho said those who brutally killed the Florence Ayafor, a North West based warden has been arrested.
According to the Ambazonian leader, the three suspects were arrested by Ambazonian Defense Forces on Monday 14th October 2019 and are being interrogated by the armed group.
Pictures of the alleged suspects were floated on social media that same day as some activists say preliminary investigations had revealed the boys were former inmates of Bamenda Central prison who claim they were treated unfairly by the late warden while at the dungeon
Her brutal killing (She was beaten and dragged on the floor for minutes before having her head chopped-off from her body, all infromt of camera) shocked the nation and sparked outrage amongst the International community.
The US embassy in Yaounde issue a statement on October 11th 2019, condemning the killing and urging both parties to engage in constructive dialogue to end the crisis
But the alleged arrests of the suspect who stands accused of committing ISIS-styled execution by ADF sends confusing signal to many especially those who have been following political happenings in grounds zero.
Barely days after she (Florence Ayafor) was killed, the spokesman for 13 rebel groups including the ADF Tabang Ivo Tanku praise the gruesome murder on live Facebook show, telling his thousands of online followers that similar fate awaits any other government official who is against the “struggle”
He also made mockery of the sudden death of the brother of the slaughtered warden who died from shock after receiving the gruesome video of his sister’s death, saying “When La Republic kills 4 months old children you don’t have heart attack” a reference to a 4 months old child who was shot death months back in Muyuka, South West region of Cameroon.
The gruesome video started circulating on the internet around September 29th 2019 and hashtag #IAmFlorence has been trending.
Ir is not clear why the mixed messages from the ADF but the armed group could be doing damage control and publicity stunt given they stand accused to be perpetrators of the heinous crime which has shamed the struggle and has given its fighters a terrorist-like image.
Government is yet it officially react to the news of the supposed arrest of the gruesome murderer of one of its workers and citizen around Pinyin, Batibo Division, Momo Division of the South West region
Days numbered? Lebialem Fons beg Yaounde to dethrone abominable king
Some Fons of Lebialem led by senator Lekunze have appealed to the government to dethrone Ambazonian field marshal and take back control of their land
The call which was made today October 14th 2019 comes two weeks after images showing a crowned rebel leader as new King of Lebialem, South West region of Cameroon.
Mr. Leakeh Oliver popularly known as Field Marshal is one of the most wanted man in the country at the moment and controls the much dreaded Red dragons armed separatist group
The Red dragons have largely taken control of most parts of Lebialem, forcing many to flee to Neighboring region including government officials and local chiefs most of whom now operates from Dschang-Capital of Menoua division of West region which borders Lebialem.
The self coronation of field Marshal on October 1st 2019 as the king of Lebialem during the symbolic celebration of Ambazonian Independence Day in that part of the South West region has been heavily condemned both at home and abroad- even by some separatists leaders.
Many see the move as disrespectful to the cultural values of the people of Anglophone regions and an abuse of power by armed groups many thought had as primary objective to rescue them from a “brutal government’s army”.
Senator Lekunze, speaking after leading a delegation to solicit help from the government says the days of the red dragons and field marshal are numbered
It remains to be seen if the the government will finally recapture the area in a terrain which has proven difficult this far for the government.
The coronation of Rebel leader as “King” of Lebialem is seen as a massive humiliation to a government which says it is in full control.
- Living together chorister storms “above the law” Sangmelima 12 months ago
- Ayaba Cho says Ayafor’s muderers have been arrested…. but there is a problem. 12 months ago
- Days numbered? Lebialem Fons beg Yaounde to dethrone abominable king 12 months ago
- MND not enough? US government calls for open ended dialogue without pre- conditions 12 months ago
- Cameroon plays a barren draw with Tunisia under new coach 12 months ago
- How to add Instagram photo feed to your WordPress site (in 5 minutes!) October 1, 2019How (and why) to add Instagram to WordPress and see more benefits from that match? We give you all the details and tools to do it successfully yourself! The post How to add Instagram photo feed to your WordPress site (in 5 minutes!) appeared first on Meks.Ivana Cirkovic
- 13 best headline & blog title generator tools to easily boost your SEO September 12, 2019Ready to increase traffic to your website today? Use these headline generator tools and improve your click-through-rates! The post 13 best headline & blog title generator tools to easily boost your SEO appeared first on Meks.Ivana Cirkovic
- How to create a Facebook Page for your blog (plus PRO tips) September 4, 2019Wondering how to create a Facebook Page for your blog knowing that you really do need one? Follow our in depth guide and learn how to create and manage attractive and successful Facebook Page! The post How to create a Facebook Page for your blog (plus PRO tips) appeared first on Meks.Ivana Cirkovic
- Beginners guide on how to redirect a page in WordPress August 29, 2019Whether you’re trying to redirect a page in WordPress or just want to discover and understand why it’s important, use this guide to help you get ahead of it and learn all there is to it. The post Beginners guide on how to redirect a page in WordPress appeared first on Meks.Ivana Cirkovic
- The best Facebook Groups for SEO to improve your knowledge and rankings August 21, 2019Are you tired of searching for the best Facebook groups for SEO to improve your knowledge and learn about the tricks from the trade? The post The best Facebook Groups for SEO to improve your knowledge and rankings appeared first on Meks.Ivana Cirkovic
- Useful rank tracking plugin and tools recommendation to improve your WordPress website SEO August 15, 2019Are you looking for a reliable rank tracking plugin to track your rankings on search engines and improve SEO strategy? Here is our top recommendation! The post Useful rank tracking plugin and tools recommendation to improve your WordPress website SEO appeared first on Meks.Ivana Cirkovic
Cameroon7 days ago
Hometown on fire: Sangmelima unrest threatens Biya’s happy stay in France
Human Interest6 days ago
7 Fun Facts about late Ekpeka Njoku, most powerful Bakweri jazz man
Global6 days ago
Ethiopian Prime Minister wins Nobel Peace prize
Cameroon5 days ago
Three hot files await Biya as he returns from “Lyon honeymoon”
Politics4 days ago
MND not enough? US government calls for open ended dialogue without pre- conditions
Human Interest5 days ago
US-Mexico border is a graveyard for Cameroonian immigrants…this is why
Sports5 days ago
Cameroon plays a barren draw with Tunisia under new coach
Cameroon3 days ago
Days numbered? Lebialem Fons beg Yaounde to dethrone abominable king