The defiant Cameroonian born Canadian based professor Ben Akih who leads the movement One Cameroon in peace and Unity and a staunch critic of President Biya has written a two dimensional letter.
In a two pat series, the professor writes to inform Cameroonian about the increasing role being played by Israeli born Mr. Maher Herez who serves as security adviser to the President of the republic and the other to Mr Mahrez himself.
Read full message below
1st message to the Israeli decision-maker at the Cameroonian presidency, Mr. Maher Herez: Stop meddling in our national politics. Stop your radicalizing security projects which plunge our country into civil war and make our human right record very bad with summary executions.
Dear brothers and sisters,
Our presidential guard, BIR and some aspects of this fraudulent president election are managed by a foreigner. This Israeli officer, Mr. Maher Herez, is also the adviser to the president on security issues. It does not end with the contractual business of Mr. Herez.
The state of Israel also has it easier having Cameroon vote the way Israel wants her at the UN. Recently, Mr. Jean Pierre Biyi Bi Essam, former minister of post and telecommunication, was sent by Mr. Biya to Israel as the new Cameroonian ambassador.
Israel had the full power to taunt the fellow by refusing to accept his accreditation for close to 5 months until on Oct 25, 2015. We’d like to believe that this recent gesture is in response to our critical attitude to the Israel-Cameroon diplomacy.
No Cameroonian worthy of the name should tolerate this colonial behavior. We will, for the sake of fatherland, put ourselves in danger in order to stop this colonial behavior. This is the true destabilization.
Here is our first direct message to Mr. Maher Herez, the Israeli running our show, asking him to stop this interference because he is a foreign destabilizer.
By the way, we want to say this to Atanga Nji, Issa Tchiroma, and ELECAM director, and the other corrupt entourage of Biya: you have betrayed Cameroon by misleading Biya and for this election.
Can you, please, just shut up about this supposed destabilization of Cameroon from without? Cameroon has been destabilized from within, with your punishable help.
We have lost our sovereignty to overriding foreign interests. If Mr. Atanga unleashes anti-demonstration violence, you can guess that the incompetent bully is doing nothing running the errand of the Israeli who is president while Biya sleeps.
Kamto’s coalition has the right to non-violent and legal protest to reclaim their stolen victory.
Dear Mr. Maher Herez,
we speak on behalf of Cameroon nationalists and pacifists who are revolted by the fact that you, as a foreigner, are the one calling the shots on critical issues of our beloved country.
- Mr. Biya has been misled by you and others; his further stay in power can only worsen his legacy. He did not win this election, so he should yield or call for fresh elections.
- Mr. Biya as president is supposed to attend to the grievances of his people, implement strategies to prevent radicalization of youths, such as in the North, enforce the rule of law, build strong institutions, and make sure that the will of the people as expressed in elections is sacred. The use of force to restore peace and order is a mark of failure and generally a last resort. But here we see that Biya has abandoned political engagements and participation in public life. He has left the state to the devices of corrupt workers who treat the law with contempt and despise the people. He only speaks to the people through the use of force. He is more concerned about preservation of his figurehead presidency.
- Given your central role in security matters at the presidency, and the fact that the Israeli-inspired BIR is technically run by you, a foreigner, we can conclude that the expression of Mr. Biya’s authority through the use of force in wars that cannot be won, is tacitly your handwork.
- You’re gravely mistaken in your military approach. BIR is an instrument for radicalization and for the destruction of the rule of law. Summary executions are part of your methods. To see more clearly that this is wrong, you’ve imported the techniques of Israel fighting against Hamas, a foreign terrorist group. But here we are talking about Cameroonians, even those who support secession or are misled to join Boko Haram in the North. Summary executions are wrong against them. In fact, even the methods used by Israel against Hamas are often characterized as violations. That’s the reason your nation scrambles to get colonies like Cameroon to vote against sanctions at the UN.
- Your approach has failed your client in many ways. You must stop meddling and give way to a peaceful transition in Cameroon. This is the time for Biya to exit.
5.1 If you assure Biya that he will survive the unwinnable wars and the stolen elections, you’re wrong. You won’t be able to deliver. Your compatriots failed Mobutu and other African dictators.
5.2. Your focus on security only without political measures in the north, makes whatever gains made against Boko Haram temporary.
5.3. The war in NW/SW is expanding and it can never be won. You don’t care about the misery, the schools and the broken economy. Perhaps, is it because more fighting means more money for you and your country’s military complex?
5.4. You’re rumoured to have brought in your fellow Israeli who pretended to be observers from transparency international. This fits the pattern of your countrymen and women who have tried in the past to help African dictators rig elections.
You have failed because these observers were denounced, Biya humiliated, and the whole world made aware of the fraud that is your client’s system. Mr. Biya has not won the election and he knows that; this makes your approach a failure.
5.5. Your attempt to improve Mr. Biya’s image abroad cannot yield fruits. Just see how many congratulatory messages he has received so far. He should know that his time to exit has come. The pressure is on him to reverse the military campaign in NW/SW.
He ignored the advice we and many others gave him – political engagement. But even this one now is too late because you have effectively radicalized the people further. Again, you have failed your client and plunged our nation in an abyss. You had no right to call the shots in the first place.
5.6. You have fine-tuned anti-demonstration crackdown methods. Do yourself a favor and advise your client not to use it against people who have been wronged. Citizens want their votes. These votes will count. Any crackdown or threats to Kamto will be another failure.
- Consequences: Mr. Biya will leave. You will have no hand in choosing his successor. Don’t try a coup d’etat like some of your compatriots have done in other African countries (Idi Amin, Mobutu, etc.). Kamto will be the next president of Cameroon by all indications. Cameroon nationalists will likely demand dissolution of BIR and its absorption into the regular army. You will likely lose your military contract because no Cameroonian can tolerate the quasi-colonial military arrangement of BIR and presidential guard.
- If your country is involved in this as it is elsewhere in Africa, Cameroon will be a lesson that the focus on politics and military contracts is wrong-headed. Israel will do well by focusing on agriculture, medical, technological, and educational trade relations with African countries. African nationals and pacifists can tolerate military schemes which only radicalize the citizens.
We speak as nationalist and want to regain control of our country that is now in your hands as a foreigner. You would do the same if a non-Israeli were to impose security strategies on Israel. Africans are not stupid. This is a sensitive anti-military and colonial campaign. You won’t like it; you would be tempted to come after us. We are not afraid of you. We would denounce your colonial manoeuvers over and over again, even if the price is death.