Kelly speaks out after he was indicted on 10 counts of aggravated criminal sexual abuse – The singer was charged of sexual abuse against four women – Robert Kelly denied the charges, claiming that he did not do any of the crime he was accused of –
It was gathered that Kelly could face 70 years in prison if he gets convicted on all 10 counts of aggravated criminal sexual abuse Popular American R&B singer, Robert Kelly known as R. Kelly, who was charged with 10 counts of aggravated criminal sexual abuse on Friday, February 22, has finally spoken out in an interview with Gayle King of CBS News. Legit.ng had earlier reported that the popular R&B singer is expected to appear in court on Friday, March 8.
He was indicted on 10 counts of aggravated criminal sexual abuse against four victims. In the interview, R. Kelly had denied all allegations against him. The singer who was emotional during the interview tearfully denied sleeping with underage girls, physically or emotionally abusing women.
He said: “Quit playing, I didn’t do this stuff. This is not me. I’m fighting for my f*****g life.” R. Kelly had told King that there was no reason for him to do any of the crimes he was charged with. The singer said with everything in his past he would not do something like that. In 2008, the singer who had been charged with child pornography was acquitted. R. Kelly stated that the old charges and the new ones are all false. He said: “Not true, whether they’re old rumors, new rumors, future rumors…Not true.”
On photos shared from the interview on King’s Instagram, it could be seen that the singer was being held back by an unidentified man as he emotionally shared his thoughts.
According to DailyMail, the singer could face 70 years in maximum prison if he is convicted on all charges. He would be given seven years for each of the 10 counts of sexual abuse