In a leaked video which is making rounds on social media this evening 27th April 2019, the SDF leader Ni John Fru Ndi has rejected the key demand put forth by the armed civilian fighters who kidnapped him briefly earlier during the day
Contrary to reports from party sources and Amba activists that the fighters only had a brief and friendly chat with the veteran politician, the armed civilians could be clearly heard in one of the videos telling the politician that he has been kidnapped because he was walking with politicians
The fighters then went ahead to demand that the party boss recall all his MPS and senators from Yaoundé, a request the chairman who looked comfortable immediately rejected while in captivity .
“I cannot call them back,” he said before one of the fighters couldn’t be heard asking “why”
After drinking from a locally made cup, the chairman says he needs a platform to talk to Biya reason why he can’t call the party lawmakers home.
He cited Hon. Wirba, the runaway SDF MP for Jakiri who left the country after defiling parliamentary rules to advance the course of the Anglophones in the lower house.
NI John Fru Ndi reminded the fighters that Wirba whom they so endear started talking at the parliament hence, he cannot recall the lawmakers.
National Dialogue: What is inside the 400 page proposal Tumi gave Dion?
The Archbishop Emeritus of Douala His Eminence Cardinal Tumi has submitted a 400-page document to the Prime Minister, Head of government Chief Dr. Joseph Dion Ngute.
Cardinal Tumi who was received at the Star Building in line with the consultations ahead of the Major National Dialogue which holds at the end of the month led a college of religious leaders to submit their views.
The 400-page document is a collection of views collected from citizens of the Anglophone regions in the past months from the North West and South West regions by organizers of the Anglophone General Conference.
Cardinal Tumi who is the convenor of the Anglophone General Conference has never been granted authorization by the government to hold the gathering but recently welcomed the decision by the Head of State to call for the Major National Dialogue.
But speaking on the program inside on equinoxe television, the revered Cardinal said 69% of Anglophones favor “outright independence”
Tumi who is a known federalist said their survey which was carried ahead of a similar dialogue of their own said even though secessionists was not on the question paper, many Anglophone opted for outright secession in their survey
The shocking statistics from the ma of God among other painful proposals contained in a 400 pages document will constitute some of the proposals government will have to deal it ahead of the talks
Kumba government delegate copies bad example
Kumba government delegate, Nkelle Ngoh Victor wakes up from sleep, seals shops at the Kumba Main market. He says the decision is to punish the traders for respecting a lock down imposed by separatist fighters.
The traders are to pay 25000f cfa each to gain access to their shops. The action of the heavily armed government delegate who looks tired comes amidst a one week lockdown observed across the entire Anglophone regions which has hampered back to school efforts.
Separatists had called for one week lockdown to protest the sentencing of their leaders Sissikou and Co and to frustrate back to school efforts by government and pro school activists
The move by the Government delegate of the Kumba Ciry council is not new within the context of the Anglophone crisis
The government Delegate of Bamenda City Council and the combative mayor of Buea have all employed similar tactics in the past but failed to change course on the field
Mayor Ekema historically sealed more than 800 shops in his city, seized hundreds of thousands and forced businesses to sign undertaking promising to defy ghost towns and lockdowns
His efforts have failed to resonate across his municipality, with many in the town still respecting the separatists imposed ghost towns much to the shagrin of the politicians
Lockdown and be shutdown: Ekema warns business owners in a nervy Buea
The lord mayor of Buea municipality Ekema Patrick Esunge has called on the business owners, transporters and denizens of the municipality to go about their normal activities and shun calls for lockdown from “unknown men”
The Lord Mayor made the call through a communiqué today 4th April 2019 after his municipality was heavily affected by the controversial 10 days lockdown imposed by gun men fighting for the restoration of their statehood called Ambazonia
In a communiqué issued today April 4th 2019, the landlord of Buea municipality seem to be using both hard and soft powers, calling on denizens to ignore the call while waning business owners of the town to remain open or risk having their businesses shutdown for 30 days
The latest threat from a mayor who historically sealed over 800 shops and businesses last year for respecting ghost town left many confused as armed separatists are promising dire consequences should any one violate the ban
Critics of the mayor say he is only fueling tension in the town and putting his own people at risk given the erratic nature of the fighters and their previous history of enforcing their rule.
His supporters however say the move is needed to reign order in the town and take back control from increasingly authoritarian armed groups
Ambazonian armed groups had declared a 10 days lockdown in Fako to frustrate the organization of the Lime Festival of Arts and Culture FESTAC 2019 which begins from the 6-13 of April 2019
The ten days lock down have been heavily criticized by the population and right activists
While there were gunshots in Mile 16, Muea and Mile 17 within the past 24 hours halting activities within the Buea municipality, the municipality of Limbe which happens to be the host of the cultural festival has largely remain calm as denizens there go about their daily activities.
It remains to be seen how the business owners will react to the mayor’s latest move
- Lebialem: military employ Amba tactics 7 months ago
- [Must Read] Abdul Karim weeps for Southern Cameroon in a tear-dropping letter 7 months ago
- UB to move graduation date as Ekema burial program takes center stage 7 months ago
- MTN offers discount to customers who shop on Jumia…but company has shut down 7 months ago
- Camairco plane attack: Ayah Paul schools Akere on International law 7 months ago
- Top 8 WordPress audio player plugins to enhance your podcast or music November 15, 2019What are the top WordPress audio player plugins to choose from for your next music or podcast project? Take your pick from our suggestions! The post Top 8 WordPress audio player plugins to enhance your podcast or music appeared first on Meks.Ivana Cirkovic
- How to add Instagram photo feed to your WordPress site (in 5 minutes!) October 1, 2019How (and why) to add Instagram to WordPress and see more benefits from that match? We give you all the details and tools to do it successfully yourself! The post How to add Instagram photo feed to your WordPress site (in 5 minutes!) appeared first on Meks.Ivana Cirkovic
- 13 best headline & blog title generator tools to easily boost your SEO September 12, 2019Ready to increase traffic to your website today? Use these headline generator tools and improve your click-through-rates! The post 13 best headline & blog title generator tools to easily boost your SEO appeared first on Meks.Ivana Cirkovic
- How to create a Facebook Page for your blog (plus PRO tips) September 4, 2019Wondering how to create a Facebook Page for your blog knowing that you really do need one? Follow our in depth guide and learn how to create and manage attractive and successful Facebook Page! The post How to create a Facebook Page for your blog (plus PRO tips) appeared first on Meks.Ivana Cirkovic
- Beginners guide on how to redirect a page in WordPress August 29, 2019Whether you’re trying to redirect a page in WordPress or just want to discover and understand why it’s important, use this guide to help you get ahead of it and learn all there is to it. The post Beginners guide on how to redirect a page in WordPress appeared first on Meks.Ivana Cirkovic
- The best Facebook Groups for SEO to improve your knowledge and rankings August 21, 2019Are you tired of searching for the best Facebook groups for SEO to improve your knowledge and learn about the tricks from the trade? The post The best Facebook Groups for SEO to improve your knowledge and rankings appeared first on Meks.Ivana Cirkovic
Cameroon4 days ago
Kamto’s bombshell declaration on Equinoxe risk angering Ambazonians
Cameroon4 days ago
Abdul Karim challenges Kamto for a public debate after Equinoxe bombshell
Cameroon4 days ago
Camairco plane attack in Bafut: International terrorism?
Cameroon3 days ago
Camairco plane attack: Ayah Paul schools Akere on International law
Cameroon1 day ago
UB to move graduation date as Ekema burial program takes center stage
Politics20 hours ago
[Must Read] Abdul Karim weeps for Southern Cameroon in a tear-dropping letter
Business1 day ago
MTN offers discount to customers who shop on Jumia…but company has shut down
Global4 days ago
Operation Mamba: Ailing Gabonese President purges opponent in new anti-corruption drive