Speaking to US Congress foreign affairs committee on Thursday 15 May 2019, US under Secretary of state for African affairs Tibor Nagy says Yaoundé has done nothing to end the Anglophone crisis
The US top diplomat for African affairs says the military still continues to burnt houses as he appealed for his government to do more the end the crisis
The Diplomat also praise the Arial Formal UN Security Council meeting held on Monday 13th May 2019 in New York City
This not the first time the US diplomat is taking aim at the government for poor handling of the Anglophone crisis
Ambassador Tibor Nagy faced-off Yaoundé before his March 13th, 2019 meeting when he says the government was responsible for the escalating situation in the affected regions, forcing the government to issues a counter statement of its own
In an interview with French radio RFI, the diplomat called the detention of Kamto unacceptable and says the government is not doing enough to resolve the Anglophone crisis as they should
Most recently after the fall of Sudan’s Bashir due to a popular uprising, Tibor Nagy said Cameroon was the next priority on his mind, prompting many to think the US is after regime change in the country.
Breaking: The D.O of Mbengwi has been kidnapped
AmbaNews24 is reporting that seperatist forces have kidnap the Divisional Officer (DO) of Mbengwi, Fouda Etaba Benoit Nicaise.
“Nicaise was arrested in Mbengwi, the seat of Momo State and of the Mbengwi local government area or “subdivision” as the occupying Cameroon government describes it. Colonial DO was appointed by Presidential decree number 2017/239 of May 22, 2017 as D.O for Mbengwi” ambanews24 writes
In March 2019, a military convoy transporting Nacaise came under attack by separatist fighters, but the DO was safe and unhurt.
The government is yet to confirm the news and TeboPost cannot independently verify the news.
But if true, it will be a major setback ahead of plan national dialogue scheduled for September 30th as government struggles to find lasting solutions to the Anglophone crisis
Mbengwi is the divisional capital of Momo division North West region. The same division where the DO of Batibo was kidnapped years back and his whereabouts remain unknown till date.
National Dialogue: South West elites hold “regional dialogue” of their own.
The authorities of South west region have rallied different stakeholders within the municipality and beyond for pre-dialogue ahead of the national dialogue called by President Biya which is scheduled for end of September.
The pre-dialogue discussion taking place at the chambers of the Buea council Buidling is the first of its kind since the announcement of the grand national dialogue on September 10th 2019.
Chaired by the governor of the South West region alongside other top officials in the region, the dialogue aimed at finding a common ground ahead of much anticipated national dialogue.
Prime minister Dion Ngute who is charged with the coordination of the historic talks has been holding consultations with different stakeholders in Yaounde ahead of the talks.
In his surprised address to the nation on September 10th 2019, President Paul Biya announced the holding of national dialogue at the end of September which he says is geared towards resolving the socio-economic crisis in the South West and North West Regions of Cameroon and other national concerns.
Powerless Batibo council responds to Ambazonian savagery
The Batibo Council on its Facebook page this Monday writes Monday September 16, 2019 has condemned the brutal and inhuman murder of a woman in that municipality
“It is with anger filled trauma that I write condemning the burial of a life being in our municipality.
No matter the reasons, I shall never be part of such gruesome acts!
I say again, there is life after the crisis and each of us will give an account of what he/ she has done”. The council writes
The killing which has sparked outrage on social media was allegedly carried by Ambazonian fighters. The fighter in a viral video said she is a “black leg”.
Batibo council in Momo division of the North-west Region is one the areas greatly hit by the socio political crisis in the Anglophone regions of tbe country.
In 2018 the administrative head of the Subdivision was kidnapped on a day Cameroon celebrated her youths. His whereabout have since remained unknown.
Many inhabitants of the Sub Division since the escalation of the crisis have since been seeking for refuge in other towns and cities. They are fleeing from atrocities committed as the conflict in Cameroons North West and South West regions continues to escalate.
- French embassy protest: Paris strikes back, raid home of Cameroon minister 9 months ago
- Protesters storm the French embassy in Yaounde 9 months ago
- Biya supporters roast Macron on social media for belittling the strong man at Etoudi 9 months ago
- Ngarbuh massacre: Tchiroma says Nigeria lost 2 million lives to maintain national unity. 9 months ago
- South Sudanese President appoints five Vice Presidents 9 months ago
- Canaries hotel locked down over coronavirus as Spain reports first mainland case February 25, 2020A large Canary Islands hotel was locked down for coronavirus tests on Tuesday after a guest and his wife were found to be infected, as Spain also reported its first case of the disease on the mainland.
- First Iraqis catch coronavirus amid fear of Iran epidemic spillover February 25, 2020Iraq shut schools and universities on Tuesday and told citizens to avoid mass gatherings, as it rushed to prevent the spread of the coronavirus from its neighbor Iran, hit by what appeared to be the worst outbreak outside of China.
- Coronavirus increases Iran's isolation, strains South Korea and Italy February 25, 2020Iran's coronavirus death toll rose to 16 on Tuesday, the highest outside China, increasing its international isolation as dozens of countries from South Korea to Italy accelerated emergency measures to curb the epidemic's global spread.
- Swiss authorities confirm first case of coronavirus February 25, 2020A 70-year old man tested positive for the coronavirus in the southern canton of Ticino, on the border with Italy, Swiss health authorities said on Tuesday, confirming its first case.
- U.S. health officials urge Americans to prepare for spread of coronavirus February 25, 2020The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) on Tuesday alerted Americans to begin to prepare for community spread of the new coronavirus after reports this week of new cases in several more countries.
- Republicans see echoes of Trump's improbable rise in Sanders' surge February 25, 2020Bernie Sanders' surge to the front of the Democratic presidential contest has echoes of Donald Trump's improbable 2016 nomination, according to Republican strategists who tried and failed to stop the man who later won the presidency.
Cameroon2 days ago
Ngarbuh massacre: Tchiroma says Nigeria lost 2 million lives to maintain national unity.
Cameroon6 days ago
Ngarbuh attack: Yaounde is restless as separatists ‘weaponize’ the killings
Cameroon6 days ago
“The violence must stop“: US embassy demands accountability for Ngarbuh attack
Cameroon2 days ago
Biya supporters roast Macron on social media for belittling the strong man at Etoudi
Cameroon4 days ago
Nera10 cracks: Julius Tabe and 8 others vomit Tassang from prison
Cameroon1 day ago
French embassy protest: Paris strikes back, raid home of Cameroon minister
Sports4 days ago
Impartial Buea? Population ignore calls for lockdown,boycott Mountain race
Cameroon6 days ago
A must Read: A Journey To Fiango by John Agbor