Ajara Nchout scored a glorious 95th-minute winner to send Cameroon into the last 16, while the Netherlands secured top spot with victory over Canada.
It was a memorable match and 22 million Cameroonians including the President of the republic were thrilled with 95 minutes of football which went down the wire.
Cameroon simply needed to win to advance to the next stage and equal their best record ever in the tournament. With continental giant super falcons of Nigeria lying in wait, desperate to progress from the lioness’ weakness, there was plenty to play for at Monpeller
After an uneventful first half where both teams struggled to control the ball especially in their opponents half, the real drama was reserved for the second half of the game
An own goal from Aurelle Awona looked to have condemned the Lioness to a premature exit from the competition, canceling out Nchout’s opener.
However, Cameroon flooded players forward in the dying seconds. Nchout produced the moment of brilliance required, weaving her way past New Zealand defenders before firing her effort past Erin Nayler into the bottom corner.
“Not just the skill to beat Percival twice, but the composure to drift the ball into the far corner as Nayler came out, knowing that her country was out of the World Cup if she missed.” The Guardian reported
Alain Djeumfa’s side was the better team this afternoon and deserve its place in the next round of the competition, which is secured thanks to its win along with their good disciplinary record. New Zealand didn’t have enough in the contest, and although it will be disappointed to lose in that manner, it didn’t deserve to continue at the expense of Cameroon.
Shortly after the game in a post-match interview, match winner Nchout Ajara said they played and gave their all for the people of Cameroon and for peace in Cameroon, a dedication to the crisis stricken Anglophone regions which has killed many as secessionist fight for autonomous state of Ambazonia.
Her compassionate statement in front of the world stage immediately won more hearts for the female lions, with many taking to social media to congratulate the girls and thank the super star for thinking of Cameroonians west of the Mungo during these trying times.
The heroics from the female lions won the hearts of many including the commander in chief who took to twitter to congratulate the girls saying “Congratulations to the Indomitable Lionesses! You have been heroic. I am with you wholeheartedly.”
Bravo les Lionnes Indomptables !
Vous avez été héroïques.
Je suis de tout cœur avec vous.
Congratulations to the Indomitable Lionesses !
You have been heroic.
I am with you wholeheartedly.#FIFAWWC #DareToShine #AllezLesLionnes #Cameroun#Cameroon#PaulBiya
— President Paul BIYA (@PR_Paul_BIYA) June 20, 2019
Toni Conceçaio appointed as new coach of Indomitable Lions
Cameroon sports minister has appointed Portuguese-born Antonio Conceição da Silva Oliveira as the new head coach of the Indomitable Lions.
He was appointed on Friday September 20 by the Minister of Sports and Physical Education who said it is the accomplishment of a rigorous process.
The 57-year old Toni Conceicaio will be assisted by François Omam Biyik and Jacques Songo’o as goalkeepers’ trainer.
Toni Conceiçaio replaces Clarence Seedorf who was sacked after a dismal performance at the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations where Cameroon were knocked
In the same light, the Minister of Sports and Physical Education Narcisse Mouelle Kombi appointed Clement Arroga as the head coach of the Intermediate Lions while Emmanuel Ndoumbe Bosso will be his assistant
Cameroon footballer star makes headline for his performance in bed in a leaked sex video
It’s a video which has shocked many and kept millions of his followers talking on social media, football star Clinton Njie wakes up to a new reality as his sex video, leaked to the public goes viral barely a week after signing a new contract with a Russian club Dynamo Moscow in a bit to revitalize his ailing career.
The leaked video shows the former Marseille man with a lady many claimed to be a Nigerian model performing oral sex in a hotel room has generated a scandal which has rocked social media and hurt his image at home.
Neither Clinton nor his management is yet to officially make a statement with respect to the ravaging video.
The Russia bound striker who took part in the just ended AFCON 2019 in Egypt with the country’s national team was one of the standout performers of the team which exited the competition disgracefully in the rounds of 16
Clinton had been suffering from a struggling career after major injury spells meant he had to struggle for game time in his former clubs.
In June 2018, the country’s football management body FECAFOOT issued a query to the player for allegedly bringing a girl in their hotel room before a pre AFCON friendly against Burkina Faso
Clinton Mua N’Jie is a Cameroonian professional footballer who currently plays for Dynamo Moscow in the Russian Premier League and the Cameroon national team. He spent most of his career in Ligue 1 with Lyon and Marseille, with a brief spell at Tottenham Hotspur of the Premier League inbetween.
Breaking: FIFA takes over management of African football barely hours to AFCON 2019
Faced with a crisis that threatens to overwhelm the governing body of soccer on the African continent, FIFA is taking the unprecedented step of sending its top administrator, its secretary general Fatma Samoura, to run the stricken organization.
The Cairo-based Confederation of African Football, soccer’s largest regional confederation, has lurched from disaster to disaster in the past few months, and is on the verge of a total meltdown just as the region’s biggest national team competition — the Africa Cup of Nations — prepares to begin in Egypt. On the eve of the tournament, senior officials gathered for an emergency meeting, where they agreed to being led by Samoura, who will hold the title of FIFA High Commissioner for Africa when she assumes the new post later this summer.
The decision comes amid myriad issues faced by CAF, not least an investigation into its Madagascan president, Ahmad Ahmad, by FIFA’s ethics committee amid a torrent of allegations of wrongdoing, ranging from financial mismanagement to sexual harassment. Ahmad, who continues to deny the allegations against him and has claimed to be the victim of a smear campaign, was briefly arrested in Paris earlier this month by the French police, a day after Gianni Infantini was re-elected as FIFA’s president in Paris.
“The rule of the temporary FIFA High Commissioner for Africa would be to conduct a root-and-branch review of governance of the confederation, oversee operational management of the organization, and recommend where needed a series of reform efforts, to be agreed with CAF member associations and with FIFA in order to put CAF itself on a modern and sound footing, improve its image and reputation and thus ensure that CAF is better equipped to face future challenges and to grasp future opportunities,” FIFA said in setting up the arrangement, according to an internal document seen by The New York Times.
Infantino was said to be furious after the arrest of Ahmad, a FIFA vice president, earlier this month, since it came soon after he proclaimed that FIFA was in far better shape than it was when he took over in the aftermath of a sprawling Department of Justice indictment in 2015 that took aim at several high ranking FIFA officials, including the heads of both regional confederations in the Americas.
Though FIFA’s statutes allow it to take control should any of its member national associations run into trouble, they do not allow for it to run any of the sports six regional bodies. That is why it first required CAF’s executive board to agree to the change.
Finances may have played a part in getting a resolution. FIFA, which distributes millions of dollars to the confederations, two days ago suspended payments to CAF.
Neither group has officially commented on the matter.
The crisis at CAF touches all levels of the organization. Ahmad fired its secretary general, Amr Fahmy, during a stormy board meeting in April that followed the leak of internal documents which suggested financial mismanagement on a major scale. On the field, things haven’t been much better.
The second game of the two-match CAF Champions League final — the conclusion of the continent’s top club competition — was abandoned with 30 minutes to play after one of the teams refused to return following a controversial refereeing decision that could not be reviewed because the system put in place to analyze decisions had failed. A decision to replay the game has led to even more fury, with one of the teams, Espérance Sportive de Tunis, vowing to appeal the decision after it was told to return the medals and trophies it already had received.
The imbroglio in Africa is particularly frustrating for Infantino. He campaigned hard on behalf of Ahmad, then a little known figure in soccer circles, when he challenged longtime African soccer titan Issa Hayatou for a post Hayatou had held for almost three decades. While Ahmad will retain the title of president, his day-to-day role will be limited during Samoura’s tenure.
The 2015 crisis that threatened FIFA’s very existence most likely played a role in its decision to step in. The crimes uncovered by the Federal Bureau of Investigation and Internal Revenue Service largely occurred at the confederation level in the Americas, leaving Infantino and his inner circle to fret about the consequences of not doing anything about potential problems at CAF.
Source: New York Times
- Jovi’s feud with MI and Sarkodie rifts a chicken-hearted 237 music industry 3 months ago
- National Dialogue: Government delegations jet abroad to convince unrepentant separatists 3 months ago
- Toni Conceçaio appointed as new coach of Indomitable Lions 3 months ago
- Atanga Nji made three key declarations in his high level security meeting in Bamenda 3 months ago
- National Dialogue: What is inside the 400 page proposal Tumi gave Dion? 3 months ago
- 13 best headline & blog title generator tools to easily boost your SEO September 12, 2019Ready to increase traffic to your website today? Use these headline generator tools and improve your click-through-rates! The post 13 best headline & blog title generator tools to easily boost your SEO appeared first on Meks.Ivana Cirkovic
- How to create a Facebook Page for your blog (plus PRO tips) September 4, 2019Wondering how to create a Facebook Page for your blog knowing that you really do need one? Follow our in depth guide and learn how to create and manage attractive and successful Facebook Page! The post How to create a Facebook Page for your blog (plus PRO tips) appeared first on Meks.Ivana Cirkovic
- Beginners guide on how to redirect a page in WordPress August 29, 2019Whether you’re trying to redirect a page in WordPress or just want to discover and understand why it’s important, use this guide to help you get ahead of it and learn all there is to it. The post Beginners guide on how to redirect a page in WordPress appeared first on Meks.Ivana Cirkovic
- The best Facebook Groups for SEO to improve your knowledge and rankings August 21, 2019Are you tired of searching for the best Facebook groups for SEO to improve your knowledge and learn about the tricks from the trade? The post The best Facebook Groups for SEO to improve your knowledge and rankings appeared first on Meks.Ivana Cirkovic
- Useful rank tracking plugin and tools recommendation to improve your WordPress website SEO August 15, 2019Are you looking for a reliable rank tracking plugin to track your rankings on search engines and improve SEO strategy? Here is our top recommendation! The post Useful rank tracking plugin and tools recommendation to improve your WordPress website SEO appeared first on Meks.Ivana Cirkovic
- 6 reasons why you should never use WordPress nulled themes August 7, 2019What are WordPress nulled themes and should you use them, are they really that bad as people say or it’s just to scare you away from using the good stuff for free? In this article, we’re explaining in details why you should never ever use these kinds of themes. The post 6 reasons why you […]Ivana Cirkovic
Top Stories5 days ago
Powerless Batibo council responds to Ambazonian savagery
Top Stories6 days ago
Biya sets tone of national dialogue in one tweet
Top Stories4 days ago
National Dialogue: South West elites hold “regional dialogue” of their own.
POLITICS2 days ago
National Dialogue: Six ‘Ambazonia Generals’ invited for pre-dialogue consultations
Entertainment4 days ago
“I did not receive a dime from Samuel Eto’o” Arafat’s Mother
Top Stories3 days ago
Breaking: The D.O of Mbengwi has been kidnapped
Uncategorized2 days ago
National Dialogue: What is inside the 400 page proposal Tumi gave Dion?
Cameroon2 days ago
Atanga Nji made three key declarations in his high level security meeting in Bamenda