Kumba government delegate, Nkelle Ngoh Victor wakes up from sleep, seals shops at the Kumba Main market. He says the decision is to punish the traders for respecting a lock down imposed by separatist fighters.
The traders are to pay 25000f cfa each to gain access to their shops. The action of the heavily armed government delegate who looks tired comes amidst a one week lockdown observed across the entire Anglophone regions which has hampered back to school efforts.
Separatists had called for one week lockdown to protest the sentencing of their leaders Sissikou and Co and to frustrate back to school efforts by government and pro school activists
The move by the Government delegate of the Kumba Ciry council is not new within the context of the Anglophone crisis
The government Delegate of Bamenda City Council and the combative mayor of Buea have all employed similar tactics in the past but failed to change course on the field
Mayor Ekema historically sealed more than 800 shops in his city, seized hundreds of thousands and forced businesses to sign undertaking promising to defy ghost towns and lockdowns
His efforts have failed to resonate across his municipality, with many in the town still respecting the separatists imposed ghost towns much to the shagrin of the politicians
Breaking: The D.O of Mbengwi has been kidnapped
AmbaNews24 is reporting that seperatist forces have kidnap the Divisional Officer (DO) of Mbengwi, Fouda Etaba Benoit Nicaise.
“Nicaise was arrested in Mbengwi, the seat of Momo State and of the Mbengwi local government area or “subdivision” as the occupying Cameroon government describes it. Colonial DO was appointed by Presidential decree number 2017/239 of May 22, 2017 as D.O for Mbengwi” ambanews24 writes
In March 2019, a military convoy transporting Nacaise came under attack by separatist fighters, but the DO was safe and unhurt.
The government is yet to confirm the news and TeboPost cannot independently verify the news.
But if true, it will be a major setback ahead of plan national dialogue scheduled for September 30th as government struggles to find lasting solutions to the Anglophone crisis
Mbengwi is the divisional capital of Momo division North West region. The same division where the DO of Batibo was kidnapped years back and his whereabouts remain unknown till date.
National Dialogue: South West elites hold “regional dialogue” of their own.
The authorities of South west region have rallied different stakeholders within the municipality and beyond for pre-dialogue ahead of the national dialogue called by President Biya which is scheduled for end of September.
The pre-dialogue discussion taking place at the chambers of the Buea council Buidling is the first of its kind since the announcement of the grand national dialogue on September 10th 2019.
Chaired by the governor of the South West region alongside other top officials in the region, the dialogue aimed at finding a common ground ahead of much anticipated national dialogue.
Prime minister Dion Ngute who is charged with the coordination of the historic talks has been holding consultations with different stakeholders in Yaounde ahead of the talks.
In his surprised address to the nation on September 10th 2019, President Paul Biya announced the holding of national dialogue at the end of September which he says is geared towards resolving the socio-economic crisis in the South West and North West Regions of Cameroon and other national concerns.
Powerless Batibo council responds to Ambazonian savagery
The Batibo Council on its Facebook page this Monday writes Monday September 16, 2019 has condemned the brutal and inhuman murder of a woman in that municipality
“It is with anger filled trauma that I write condemning the burial of a life being in our municipality.
No matter the reasons, I shall never be part of such gruesome acts!
I say again, there is life after the crisis and each of us will give an account of what he/ she has done”. The council writes
The killing which has sparked outrage on social media was allegedly carried by Ambazonian fighters. The fighter in a viral video said she is a “black leg”.
Batibo council in Momo division of the North-west Region is one the areas greatly hit by the socio political crisis in the Anglophone regions of tbe country.
In 2018 the administrative head of the Subdivision was kidnapped on a day Cameroon celebrated her youths. His whereabout have since remained unknown.
Many inhabitants of the Sub Division since the escalation of the crisis have since been seeking for refuge in other towns and cities. They are fleeing from atrocities committed as the conflict in Cameroons North West and South West regions continues to escalate.
- Lebialem: military employ Amba tactics 3 months ago
- [Must Read] Abdul Karim weeps for Southern Cameroon in a tear-dropping letter 3 months ago
- UB to move graduation date as Ekema burial program takes center stage 3 months ago
- MTN offers discount to customers who shop on Jumia…but company has shut down 3 months ago
- Camairco plane attack: Ayah Paul schools Akere on International law 3 months ago
- Top 8 WordPress audio player plugins to enhance your podcast or music November 15, 2019What are the top WordPress audio player plugins to choose from for your next music or podcast project? Take your pick from our suggestions! The post Top 8 WordPress audio player plugins to enhance your podcast or music appeared first on Meks.Ivana Cirkovic
- How to add Instagram photo feed to your WordPress site (in 5 minutes!) October 1, 2019How (and why) to add Instagram to WordPress and see more benefits from that match? We give you all the details and tools to do it successfully yourself! The post How to add Instagram photo feed to your WordPress site (in 5 minutes!) appeared first on Meks.Ivana Cirkovic
- 13 best headline & blog title generator tools to easily boost your SEO September 12, 2019Ready to increase traffic to your website today? Use these headline generator tools and improve your click-through-rates! The post 13 best headline & blog title generator tools to easily boost your SEO appeared first on Meks.Ivana Cirkovic
- How to create a Facebook Page for your blog (plus PRO tips) September 4, 2019Wondering how to create a Facebook Page for your blog knowing that you really do need one? Follow our in depth guide and learn how to create and manage attractive and successful Facebook Page! The post How to create a Facebook Page for your blog (plus PRO tips) appeared first on Meks.Ivana Cirkovic
- Beginners guide on how to redirect a page in WordPress August 29, 2019Whether you’re trying to redirect a page in WordPress or just want to discover and understand why it’s important, use this guide to help you get ahead of it and learn all there is to it. The post Beginners guide on how to redirect a page in WordPress appeared first on Meks.Ivana Cirkovic
- The best Facebook Groups for SEO to improve your knowledge and rankings August 21, 2019Are you tired of searching for the best Facebook groups for SEO to improve your knowledge and learn about the tricks from the trade? The post The best Facebook Groups for SEO to improve your knowledge and rankings appeared first on Meks.Ivana Cirkovic
Cameroon4 days ago
Kamto’s bombshell declaration on Equinoxe risk angering Ambazonians
Cameroon4 days ago
Abdul Karim challenges Kamto for a public debate after Equinoxe bombshell
Cameroon4 days ago
Camairco plane attack in Bafut: International terrorism?
Cameroon3 days ago
Camairco plane attack: Ayah Paul schools Akere on International law
Cameroon1 day ago
UB to move graduation date as Ekema burial program takes center stage
Politics20 hours ago
[Must Read] Abdul Karim weeps for Southern Cameroon in a tear-dropping letter
Business1 day ago
MTN offers discount to customers who shop on Jumia…but company has shut down
Global4 days ago
Operation Mamba: Ailing Gabonese President purges opponent in new anti-corruption drive