Six armed Ambazonia separatist kingpins have been invited to attend a pre-dialogue meeting in Kumba on Saturday ahead of the Major National Dialogue that holds at the end of this month.
According to a release signed by the Senior Divisional Officer of Meme Division Ntou Ndong Chamberlain, the pre dialogue meeting will hold at the Kumba City Council Hall at 10 AM on Saturday with all personalities and the population invited to attend.
Traditional rulers, civil society, religious authorities, Meme elite, quarter heads, representatives of traders, commercial bike riders, taxi drivers, trade unions, cultural groups and the general population have all been invited to the meeting.
However, the striking aspect is the invitation extended to six major ‘Ambazonia Generals’ in Meme notably Obase Ekeku of Dieni, Mokube Mbamene alias Boss Divine of Marumba, Masango Mukete Karl alias Buscard of Malende, Sam of Small Ekombe, Efang of Teke and Bita Cola of Metta Quarter.
It is now left to be seen if the armed fighters will attend the meeting.
Back to school campaign gains momentum but…
Back to school campaign publicized by the government has gained momentum in recent days as pupils and students across the national triangle prepare for 2019/2020 school year
In a strange campaign where government ministers and senior state functionaries have taken center stage to make it a pivot of their political ambitions, many are still skeptical if school will effectively resume in North West and South West regions of the country.
The conflict riddled regions have seen historic school boycott in post independence history as separatists insist on ending the war before kids can go to school despite calls from activists.
pressure from home and abroad for government to dialogue with the leaders of the now armed Ambazonia leadership has failed to resonate across Yaounde as government insist on solving the crisis on the battle field.
The hopes which were raised sky-high by newly appointed premier Dion Ngute during his first official trip to the regions were quickly dashed as cracks emerge within his own government with some ministers challenging his strategy, roadmap and tactics, saying the government cannot discuss the “form of the state” despite the premier’s insistence that Biya was Willing to dialogue on any topic excerpt secession.
The life sentencing of Sessikou Ayuk and 10 others on the dawn of back to school has caused further chaos , provoking hardliners who now say no school until the war is over and government comes to a dialogue table.
They have rolled out a series of lockdown calendar to frustrate back to school efforts are warned all media houses from spreading back to school campaign in a new twists of events
For a government which insist it won’t put itself a-par with separatists by engaging in much talked about dialogue, the back to school future could never have been darker I’m the three years conflict which has killed thousands, displaced hundreds of thousands and leaves entire villages deserted
Many accuse politicians of stage managing back to school campaigns for political reasons, insist they send their children to school in the crisis hit regions and task them to move around without heavily armed guards if they say the environment is conducive.
As the clock winds down, the state and separatists are preaching safely and threats at the same breath, with viral but opposing social media back to school campaign on the other move as the people on ground zero continue to whatch their kids stay home for the third year in a row
Politics indeed has failed them from both sides of the divide
Fru Ndi’s second Limbe visit sparks unnecessary controversy again
The chief of Livanda village in Limbe has issued a press release demanding an apology within 48 hours from the national chairman of the SDF Ni John Fru Ndi for visiting his village without authorization on Sunday August 10th 2019.
According to the traditional ruler, Fru Ndi visited a crime scene without authorization which is a “taboo” in his customs and warned that the opposition chieftain shouldn’t visits his village again without due permission
Fru Ndi was visiting the village after reports that almost an entire family was wiped out after evening dinner was poisoned by a house help.
It is the second time in less than three months that the opposition leader is coming under scrutiny for his visit to the town
Fru Ndi was at the center of controversy months back when he visited SONARA in the aftermath of the fire incident. He has ordered to bring back the key handed to him by the paramount ruler elect of the city by council of Limbe chiefs
Many have criticized the chiefs in the sea side resort city for their involvement in politics and disrespect for their cultural values and political neutrality they once enjoyed
Ben Akih touches the heart of Cameroon’s security with daring message to the Israeli decision-maker at Etoudi
The defiant Cameroonian born Canadian based professor Ben Akih who leads the movement One Cameroon in peace and Unity and a staunch critic of President Biya has written a two dimensional letter.
In a two pat series, the professor writes to inform Cameroonian about the increasing role being played by Israeli born Mr. Maher Herez who serves as security adviser to the President of the republic and the other to Mr Mahrez himself.
Read full message below
1st message to the Israeli decision-maker at the Cameroonian presidency, Mr. Maher Herez: Stop meddling in our national politics. Stop your radicalizing security projects which plunge our country into civil war and make our human right record very bad with summary executions.
Dear brothers and sisters,
Our presidential guard, BIR and some aspects of this fraudulent president election are managed by a foreigner. This Israeli officer, Mr. Maher Herez, is also the adviser to the president on security issues. It does not end with the contractual business of Mr. Herez.
The state of Israel also has it easier having Cameroon vote the way Israel wants her at the UN. Recently, Mr. Jean Pierre Biyi Bi Essam, former minister of post and telecommunication, was sent by Mr. Biya to Israel as the new Cameroonian ambassador.
Israel had the full power to taunt the fellow by refusing to accept his accreditation for close to 5 months until on Oct 25, 2015. We’d like to believe that this recent gesture is in response to our critical attitude to the Israel-Cameroon diplomacy.
No Cameroonian worthy of the name should tolerate this colonial behavior. We will, for the sake of fatherland, put ourselves in danger in order to stop this colonial behavior. This is the true destabilization.
Here is our first direct message to Mr. Maher Herez, the Israeli running our show, asking him to stop this interference because he is a foreign destabilizer.
By the way, we want to say this to Atanga Nji, Issa Tchiroma, and ELECAM director, and the other corrupt entourage of Biya: you have betrayed Cameroon by misleading Biya and for this election.
Can you, please, just shut up about this supposed destabilization of Cameroon from without? Cameroon has been destabilized from within, with your punishable help.
We have lost our sovereignty to overriding foreign interests. If Mr. Atanga unleashes anti-demonstration violence, you can guess that the incompetent bully is doing nothing running the errand of the Israeli who is president while Biya sleeps.
Kamto’s coalition has the right to non-violent and legal protest to reclaim their stolen victory.
Dear Mr. Maher Herez,
we speak on behalf of Cameroon nationalists and pacifists who are revolted by the fact that you, as a foreigner, are the one calling the shots on critical issues of our beloved country.
- Mr. Biya has been misled by you and others; his further stay in power can only worsen his legacy. He did not win this election, so he should yield or call for fresh elections.
- Mr. Biya as president is supposed to attend to the grievances of his people, implement strategies to prevent radicalization of youths, such as in the North, enforce the rule of law, build strong institutions, and make sure that the will of the people as expressed in elections is sacred. The use of force to restore peace and order is a mark of failure and generally a last resort. But here we see that Biya has abandoned political engagements and participation in public life. He has left the state to the devices of corrupt workers who treat the law with contempt and despise the people. He only speaks to the people through the use of force. He is more concerned about preservation of his figurehead presidency.
- Given your central role in security matters at the presidency, and the fact that the Israeli-inspired BIR is technically run by you, a foreigner, we can conclude that the expression of Mr. Biya’s authority through the use of force in wars that cannot be won, is tacitly your handwork.
- You’re gravely mistaken in your military approach. BIR is an instrument for radicalization and for the destruction of the rule of law. Summary executions are part of your methods. To see more clearly that this is wrong, you’ve imported the techniques of Israel fighting against Hamas, a foreign terrorist group. But here we are talking about Cameroonians, even those who support secession or are misled to join Boko Haram in the North. Summary executions are wrong against them. In fact, even the methods used by Israel against Hamas are often characterized as violations. That’s the reason your nation scrambles to get colonies like Cameroon to vote against sanctions at the UN.
- Your approach has failed your client in many ways. You must stop meddling and give way to a peaceful transition in Cameroon. This is the time for Biya to exit.
5.1 If you assure Biya that he will survive the unwinnable wars and the stolen elections, you’re wrong. You won’t be able to deliver. Your compatriots failed Mobutu and other African dictators.
5.2. Your focus on security only without political measures in the north, makes whatever gains made against Boko Haram temporary.
5.3. The war in NW/SW is expanding and it can never be won. You don’t care about the misery, the schools and the broken economy. Perhaps, is it because more fighting means more money for you and your country’s military complex?
5.4. You’re rumoured to have brought in your fellow Israeli who pretended to be observers from transparency international. This fits the pattern of your countrymen and women who have tried in the past to help African dictators rig elections.
You have failed because these observers were denounced, Biya humiliated, and the whole world made aware of the fraud that is your client’s system. Mr. Biya has not won the election and he knows that; this makes your approach a failure.
5.5. Your attempt to improve Mr. Biya’s image abroad cannot yield fruits. Just see how many congratulatory messages he has received so far. He should know that his time to exit has come. The pressure is on him to reverse the military campaign in NW/SW.
He ignored the advice we and many others gave him – political engagement. But even this one now is too late because you have effectively radicalized the people further. Again, you have failed your client and plunged our nation in an abyss. You had no right to call the shots in the first place.
5.6. You have fine-tuned anti-demonstration crackdown methods. Do yourself a favor and advise your client not to use it against people who have been wronged. Citizens want their votes. These votes will count. Any crackdown or threats to Kamto will be another failure.
- Consequences: Mr. Biya will leave. You will have no hand in choosing his successor. Don’t try a coup d’etat like some of your compatriots have done in other African countries (Idi Amin, Mobutu, etc.). Kamto will be the next president of Cameroon by all indications. Cameroon nationalists will likely demand dissolution of BIR and its absorption into the regular army. You will likely lose your military contract because no Cameroonian can tolerate the quasi-colonial military arrangement of BIR and presidential guard.
- If your country is involved in this as it is elsewhere in Africa, Cameroon will be a lesson that the focus on politics and military contracts is wrong-headed. Israel will do well by focusing on agriculture, medical, technological, and educational trade relations with African countries. African nationals and pacifists can tolerate military schemes which only radicalize the citizens.
We speak as nationalist and want to regain control of our country that is now in your hands as a foreigner. You would do the same if a non-Israeli were to impose security strategies on Israel. Africans are not stupid. This is a sensitive anti-military and colonial campaign. You won’t like it; you would be tempted to come after us. We are not afraid of you. We would denounce your colonial manoeuvers over and over again, even if the price is death.
- Lebialem: military employ Amba tactics 3 months ago
- [Must Read] Abdul Karim weeps for Southern Cameroon in a tear-dropping letter 3 months ago
- UB to move graduation date as Ekema burial program takes center stage 3 months ago
- MTN offers discount to customers who shop on Jumia…but company has shut down 3 months ago
- Camairco plane attack: Ayah Paul schools Akere on International law 3 months ago
- Top 8 WordPress audio player plugins to enhance your podcast or music November 15, 2019What are the top WordPress audio player plugins to choose from for your next music or podcast project? Take your pick from our suggestions! The post Top 8 WordPress audio player plugins to enhance your podcast or music appeared first on Meks.Ivana Cirkovic
- How to add Instagram photo feed to your WordPress site (in 5 minutes!) October 1, 2019How (and why) to add Instagram to WordPress and see more benefits from that match? We give you all the details and tools to do it successfully yourself! The post How to add Instagram photo feed to your WordPress site (in 5 minutes!) appeared first on Meks.Ivana Cirkovic
- 13 best headline & blog title generator tools to easily boost your SEO September 12, 2019Ready to increase traffic to your website today? Use these headline generator tools and improve your click-through-rates! The post 13 best headline & blog title generator tools to easily boost your SEO appeared first on Meks.Ivana Cirkovic
- How to create a Facebook Page for your blog (plus PRO tips) September 4, 2019Wondering how to create a Facebook Page for your blog knowing that you really do need one? Follow our in depth guide and learn how to create and manage attractive and successful Facebook Page! The post How to create a Facebook Page for your blog (plus PRO tips) appeared first on Meks.Ivana Cirkovic
- Beginners guide on how to redirect a page in WordPress August 29, 2019Whether you’re trying to redirect a page in WordPress or just want to discover and understand why it’s important, use this guide to help you get ahead of it and learn all there is to it. The post Beginners guide on how to redirect a page in WordPress appeared first on Meks.Ivana Cirkovic
- The best Facebook Groups for SEO to improve your knowledge and rankings August 21, 2019Are you tired of searching for the best Facebook groups for SEO to improve your knowledge and learn about the tricks from the trade? The post The best Facebook Groups for SEO to improve your knowledge and rankings appeared first on Meks.Ivana Cirkovic
Cameroon4 days ago
Kamto’s bombshell declaration on Equinoxe risk angering Ambazonians
Cameroon4 days ago
Abdul Karim challenges Kamto for a public debate after Equinoxe bombshell
Cameroon4 days ago
Camairco plane attack in Bafut: International terrorism?
Cameroon3 days ago
Camairco plane attack: Ayah Paul schools Akere on International law
Cameroon1 day ago
UB to move graduation date as Ekema burial program takes center stage
Politics20 hours ago
[Must Read] Abdul Karim weeps for Southern Cameroon in a tear-dropping letter
Business1 day ago
MTN offers discount to customers who shop on Jumia…but company has shut down
Global4 days ago
Operation Mamba: Ailing Gabonese President purges opponent in new anti-corruption drive