Tanzania celebrated musician Nasib Abdul a.k.a Diamond Platnumz has said that he is in talks with International football star, Cameroonian footballer Samuel Eto’o to build a football academy in Tanzania.
According to the report by Daily News the megastar recently performed at the CAF awards gala that got Fifa boss Gianni Infatino on the dance floor among football stars.
Diamond said he has been in talks with Eto’o for a long time now, interested in establishing a lucrative football club since the east African nation has potential football players.
Diamond is quoted to say “In the past, I though that venturing in sports business was not profitable but now I see that it is beneficial.. In the near future? I will have my own team which already is trading in the Mainland Premier League because I do not want to start from the scratch.”
The musician didn’t not give a time frame to the project but hwta is clear is that he will be buying an existing club or established player.
Andre Onana and Ajax finally reach agreement for the youngster to leave the club
CHELSEA have been given a transfer boost with the news that Ajax goalkeeper Andre Onana has “an agreement” to leave the club.
But the Blues will still have to match the Dutch club’s valuation for the stopper, believed to be at least £25million.
And of course there are other clubs interested in the Cameroonian keeper, most notably Spanish giants Barcelona.
Tottenham and Paris Saint-Germain could also show their hands in the summer.
The player recently signalled his intention to move on when he told Algemeen Dagblad: “Don’t get me wrong, I am very happy with Ajax and I am very grateful to the club.
“It was five great years here, but now my time has come to take a step.
“I don’t yet know what will happen, but my ambitions and agreements are clear.”
And now Ajax head coach Erik ten Hag seems to have accepted he will lose the top talent and confirmed there IS an agreement in place.
He told Algemeen Dagblad: “Andre is very important to us and of course we don’t want to lose him.
“But it’s true that we have an agreement from last year about the development scenario and what steps we will take if the right club comes in at the right price.”
Chelsea boss Frank Lampard’s desire for a goalkeeper is clear, having dropped £71m flop Kepa Arrizabalaga earlier this season in favour of 38-year-old regular bench-dweller Willy Caballero.
Onana, one of the best shot stoppers in the world at the moment has reportedly snubbed offers from Spurs and League one giant PSG.
CAF postpones CHAN to an unknown date due to Coronavirus
The confederationof African football CAF ya today March 17 2020 postponed the 2020 edition of the CHAN which was scheduled to take place in Cameroon
The decision comes after two teams pull out of the tournaments over increasing fear of the coronavirus
In a letter addressed to secretaries of the different national federations, the continent’s football managing body says the decision was taken due to the unpredictability of the spread of the virus and numerous travel restrictions across the continent.
They letter states that, even though the situation in Cameroon is under control, CAF cannot take “unnecessary risk” hence the need to postpones the tournament
The football body will announce a future date for the event, letter reads in part.
As European nations shutdown their leagues and sporting tournament due to the virus , CAF was under increasing pressure to do same and avoid risking the population and players as the virus creeps to Africa.
The deadly coronavirus has affected about 180000 persons, killing over 7000 and about 50 000 have recovered according to WHO reports.
Cameroon has recorded 10 cases as at today and two of them have been treated.
Impartial Buea? Population ignore calls for lockdown,boycott Mountain race
The population of Buea have been carrying on their normal activities today Saturday February 22nd 2020.
Streets are busy this morning early as shops are open, roads bussy and people going their business as usual despite calls for one day lockdown by Ambazoniana activists to frustrate the Mount Cameroon race of hope.
But despite the clear snub from the population, they have also refused to tAke part in the race, denying the annual event the much needed pomp and celebrations it once enjoyed before the crisis.
This 25th edition of the race is Dubbed the race of peace and the Mount Cameroon race of hope will bring together national and international athletes who compete to challenge the chariots of the gods and conquer the highest mountain in West and Central Africa.
- Cameroon, a young entrepreneur creates sensation by making face shields to help school resumption 5 months ago
- Editorial: America is burning, smoke of racial inferno is choking the world with lessons 5 months ago
- CUIB, Invincible no more: Bishop Bibi shakes Buea diocese, scratches CUIB as sweeping dismissal looms 5 months ago
- Calibro Calibri, famed activist, arrested in France for attempting suicide infront of National Assembly 5 months ago
- PM snubs teachers’ demands, insist schools will resume on June 1st 2020 5 months ago
- Protest disrupts Hong Kong legislative debate over China national anthem bill June 4, 2020Police and firefighters entered Hong Kong's legislature on Thursday after two pro-democracy lawmakers threw foul-smelling liquid to protest against China's "murderous" crackdown by Chinese troops in and around Tiananmen Square 31 years ago.
- South Korea seeks arrest of Samsung heir in succession probe June 4, 2020South Korean prosecutors have requested an arrest warrant against Samsung Group heir Jay Y. Lee, they said on Thursday, in the investigation of a controversial 2015 merger and alleged accounting fraud in a suspected bid to aid his succession plans.
- U.S. airlines gain final approval to drop services to 75 domestic airports June 4, 2020Fifteen U.S. airlines were granted final government approval on Wednesday to temporarily halt service to 75 domestic airports as travel demand has been crushed due to the coronavirus pandemic.
- Exclusive: Rosneft replaces sanctioned trading arm with new one - sources June 4, 2020Russia's Rosneft , which closed its oil trading arm after sanctions were imposed by U.S. authorities in February, has set up a new Geneva-based trading business, four trading sources familiar with the matter said.
- Asian stocks reach two-month high on economic recovery hopes June 4, 2020Asian shares rose to a two-month high on Thursday as expectations of further government stimulus supported investor confidence in an economic recovery from the global coronavirus pandemic.
- New charges against Minneapolis policemen as protests continue June 4, 2020Prosecutors on Wednesday leveled new criminal charges against four Minneapolis policemen implicated in the death of a black man pinned by his neck to the street during an arrest that sparked more than a week of nationwide protest and civil strife.
Editorial5 days ago
CUIB, Invincible no more: Bishop Bibi shakes Buea diocese, scratches CUIB as sweeping dismissal looms
Cameroon6 days ago
War, disease and poverty: Worst time to be an Anglophone Cameroonian?
Cameroon6 days ago
Opinion: The rate of jobless master’s degree holders in Cameroon is concerning
Cameroon6 days ago
COVID-19: Minister tasks councils to disinfect schools ahead of school reopening
Global3 days ago
Editorial: America is burning, smoke of racial inferno is choking the world with lessons
Politics6 days ago
Calibro Calibri, famed activist, arrested in France for attempting suicide infront of National Assembly
Business1 day ago
Cameroon, a young entrepreneur creates sensation by making face shields to help school resumption
Cameroon6 days ago
PM snubs teachers’ demands, insist schools will resume on June 1st 2020